实战口语情景对话 第310期:邮递员(在线收听

   Todd: Um , Kawabe you said you used to be a bike delivery person.

  托德:川边,你说过你曾经做过骑单车送货的工作。
  Kawabe: Yes, I was. It was not very long but I was doing that for like 6 months.
  川边:是啊,我做过。我做的时间并不长,大概做了6个月的时间。
  Todd: Do you mean push bike or motorcycle?
  托德:你是说自行车还是摩托车?
  Kawabe: Push bike? What is a push bike?
  川边:什么是push bike?
  Todd: Push bike is like the one you ride with you legs.
  托德:就是用腿作为动力骑行的那种车。
  Kawabe: Oh, no, no. no. The motorcycle.
  川边:哦,不是,不是那种。是摩托车。
  Todd: Motorcycle! OK.
  托德:摩托车呀!好的。
  Kawabe: Yes! Yes! 400 cc. I forget the name of the bike, but it was kind of one really fast, and then, you know what they are doing, they just go, OK, if you are sending a letter, a very important document, you want to send it to somewhere really fast, very, very quickly!
  川边:对,没错!是400cc排量的摩托车。我不记得那辆车的名字了,不过是那种非常快的车,你知道那种车的,很快,如果你要送封信,送一份非常重要的文件,你要用非常快的速度把它送到某个地方去。
  Todd: Like for a signiture of something.
  托德:就像为某份文件签字之类的。
  Kawabe: Yeah, whatever it is! Like and then, you call me. You call to my company and the company call to my mobile or beeper, and then, "hey Kawabe, you go to that place," and you get the address, and I look it up in my map, and I go to your place and pick up the thing and deliver to your receiver.
  川边:对,随便什么啦!就像那种,你就会给我打电话。你会给我的公司打电话,然后公司就会给我打电话或是传呼我,就像“川边,你要去那里”,拿到地址后,我会在地图上查找那个地方,之后我就会去你说的那个地址取件然后送给收件人。
  Todd: Oh, to the receiver, to the recipient (Yeah), the recipient.
  托德:哦,送给收件人,给收货人,(对),收货人。
  Kawabe: And then since it's a bike delivery it's always something you've got to deliver really fast, so which means it's a really dangerous job, you know, so many people, my colleagues had a car accident.
  川边:因为是单车送货,所以要用非常快的速度递送,意思就是说这是一份非常危险的工作,所以许多人,我的许多同事都发生过车祸。
  Todd: Oh really!
  托德:哦,真的吗?
  Kawabe: Definitely, if you,..
  川边:当然了,如果你……
  Todd: Not you right? You were OK?
  托德:你没发生过,对吧?你还好吧?
  Kawabe: Not me! Since I thought I, you know, I can have a really big accident if I keep on this job, that is why I quit.
  川边:我没发生过!我曾经想,你知道,如果我继续做这份工作,我可能也会发生一场大车祸,所以这就是我辞职的原因。
  Todd: Good choice.Yeah!
  托德:真是好的选择!
  Kawabe: If you do that job for one year, definitely, you'll have one accident at least.
  川边:如果这份工作你做了一年的时间,那你肯定至少会发生一次车祸。
  Todd: Seriouly!
  托德:真的吗?
  Kawabe: Yeah! Seriously!
  川边:是真的!
  Todd: Man, wow! I heard something similar in the U.S. Big truck drivers, on average over their career, kill at least one person.
  托德:哇!我听说美国有类似的工作。就是大货车司机,他们的工作生涯中,平均至少会有一个人丢掉性命。
  Kawabe: Yeah, the same kind of thing, you know! Especially in Tokyo. You know, there's millions of cars and motorcycles, and people walking on the street, you know it's really dangerous, and even if you are a safe driver, someone's gonna hit you, (Yeah) so.
  川边:对,这是相类似的工作!尤其是在东京。你知道,那里有数百万车辆和摩托车,人们就那样走在街道上,这非常危险,即使你安全驾驶,也可能有人会撞上你。(没错)
  Todd: There's nothing you can do.
  托德:你什么事也做不了。
  Kawabe: You can run away if you are on the street but there's no place to run away, so, anyway, that was, that was an exciting job. I really enjoyed that because you are always outside. The rainy days, you know, I didn't like that, but on the sunny day, autumn, spring, and it was great to drive in Tokyo city. You could go everywhere and meet a lot of people and so. Yeah, I met one person, he was a manga writer. How do you say?
  川边:如果你在街上你可以逃跑,但是其实没有地方可以跑,总之那是一份刺激的工作。我真的很享受那份工作,因为你总是在外面工作。不过我不喜欢下雨天,要是晴天,在秋天和春天的时候,在东京驾车的感觉非常棒。你可以去任何地方,会见到很多人。我曾经遇到一个人,他是名漫画作家。你们是这么说吗?
  Todd: Yeah, manga writer, sure, yeah!
  托德:对,没错,是漫画作家!
  Kawabe: And then the publishing company asked me to take, how do you say, the document for the next week?
  川边:出版公司让我,你们怎么说,就是为下周准备的文件?
  Todd: Oh, like the, the new issue. (Yeah) Yeah, the first draft, or whatever.
  托德:哦,是新版吧。(对)嗯,或是初稿之类的吧。
  Kawabe: Yeah, and then he had to finish that one like until that day, so "Hey, Kawabe, you go to that manga writer's house and pick up the documents he's gonna give you, and then you bring that, the draft, how do you say? (Yeah) to the publishing company." OK, and I'd been to his house and I had to wait like four hours in front of his door cause you know, you can imagine, he couldn't finish up his work (Yeah, yeah) so he like in every thirty minutes he comes to the door, and says, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm gonna finish it in 10 minutes. It will be done in the next 10 minutes." And then he goes back and I wait and I just kept waiting from the door and actually, four hours later, he gave me the manga.
  川边:对,那个作家要在某一天前完成,所以他们会说“川边,你去那个漫画作家的家里把他要交的稿件拿来,之后拿着那份草稿,你们怎么说那个?(就是这样)把它送到出版公司去。”所以我就去了他家里,可是我不得不在他家门口等了4个小时,因为你知道,你可以想象,他还没有完成他的工作(嗯),所以他每过30分钟就走到门口来说“抱歉,10分钟以后我就完成了。10分钟以内我会完成的。”之后他就回去工作了,于是我就一直等,一直等在门口,4个小时以后,他把漫画稿给我了。
  Todd: Really! (Yeah!) Did you read it on the way?
  托德:真的吗?(对)那你在路上看那份漫画了吗?
  Kawabe: No, yeah, I was really tempted but I couldn't do that, and yeah, I brought that to the publishing company. That was so funny!
  川边:没有,实际上我非常想看,可是我不能这么做,所以我把它送去了出版公司。那真的很有趣!
  Todd: Cool story!
  托德:这故事真酷!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/szkyqjdh/425544.html