冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第383期:第二十三章 艾德(24)(在线收听) |
The gods frown on the gambler, Ser Rodrik said sternly. 诸神在上,赌徒本该遭天谴。罗德利克爵士口气严峻。 He was of the north, and shared the Stark views on tournaments. 身为北方人的他,和史塔克家一样对比武大会没好感。
They frowned on me, for certain, the singer said. Your cruel gods and the Knight of Flowers altogether did me in. 我知道老天看我不顺眼,歌手说,所以你那些神和百花骑士联手把我坑惨了。
No doubt that was a lesson for you, Ser Rodrik said. 想必你学到教训了。罗德利克爵士道。
It was. This time my coin will champion Ser Loras. 可不是嘛。这回我要把注下在洛拉斯爵士身上。
Ser Rodrik tried to tug at whiskers that were not there, but before he could frame a rebuke the serving boy came scurrying up. 罗德利克爵士又想捻不存在的胡子,他还来不及回敬对方,跑堂小弟便急急赶了过来,
He laid trenchers of bread before them and filled them with chunks of browned meat off a skewer, dripping with hot juice. 在他们面前奉上一盘盘面包,又从叉子上切下烤成棕色,流着热汤汁的肉片。
Another skewer held tiny onions, fire peppers, and fat mushrooms. 另一个叉子上则有小洋葱、红辣椒和肥美的蘑菇。
Ser Rodrik set to lustily as the lad ran back to fetch them beer. 罗德利克当下就狼吞虎咽起来,那侍者又跑去帮他们盛啤酒。
My name is Marillion, the singer said, plucking a string on his woodharp. Doubtless you've heard me play somewhere? 我叫马瑞里安,歌手边说边拨着一根琴弦,想必你们在别的地方听过我表演?
His manner made Catelyn smile. Few wandering singers ever ventured as far north as Winterfell, 听他这种口气,凯特琳不禁微笑。吟游诗人鲜少光临地处极北的临冬城,
but she knew his like from her girlhood in Riverrun. 但她在奔流城的少女时代常见识这类人。
I fear not, she told him. 恐怕没有。她告诉他。
He drew a plaintive chord from the woodharp. That is your loss, he said. 他在琴上弹出一个哀伤的音符。那是你的损失。
Who was the finest singer you've ever heard? 他说,你听过最好的歌手是谁?
Alia of Braavos, Ser Rodrik answered at once. 布拉佛斯的阿利亚。罗德利克爵士立刻应道。
Oh, I'm much better than that old stick, Marillion said. If you have the silver for a song, I'll gladly show you. 唉,我比那老骨头高明多啦。马瑞里安说,如果你肯花个银币,我很乐意证明给你看。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426870.html |