冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第774期:第三十八章 琼恩(15)(在线收听) |
When he entered the solar, Mormont's raven screamed at him. "Corn!" the bird shrieked. "Corn! Corn! Corn!" 一进书房,莫尔蒙的乌鸦便朝他尖叫。“玉米!”鸟儿厉声喊道,“玉米!玉米!玉米!” "Don't you believe it, I just fed him," the Old Bear growled. “别信他。我刚喂过哪。”熊老咕哝着。
He was seated by the window, reading a letter. 他坐在窗边,正读着信。
"Bring me a cup of wine, and pour one for yourself." “给我弄杯酒来,你自己也倒上一杯。”
"For myself, my lord?" “大人,我也要?”
Mormont lifted his eyes from the letter to stare at Jon. 莫尔蒙将视线自信上抬起,瞪着琼恩。
There was pity in that look; he could taste it. "You heard me." 那眼神里充满怜悯,他感觉得出来。“你没听错。”
Jon poured with exaggerated care, vaguely aware that he was drawing out the act. 琼恩格外小心地斟酒,隐约明白自己是在拖延时间。
When the cups were filled, he would have no choice but to face whatever was in that letter. 等酒杯倒满,他就别无选择,不得不面对信中之事了。
Yet all too soon, they were filled. 即便如此,酒杯却很快就满了。
"Sit, boy," Mormont commanded him. "Drink." “孩子,坐下。”莫尔蒙命令他。“喝罢。”
Jon remained standing. "It's my father, isn't it?" 琼恩站住不动。“是我父亲的事,对不对?”
The Old Bear tapped the letter with a finger. 熊老用一根指头弹弹信纸。
"Your father and the king," he rumbled."I won't lie to you, it's grievous news. “是你父亲和国王的事。”他朗声说,“我也不瞒你,信上写的都是坏消息。
I never thought to see another king, not at my age, with Robert half my years and strong as a bull." 我本以为自己这么大把年纪,劳勃的岁数只有我的一半,又壮得像头牛似的,说什么也没机会碰上新国王。”
He took a gulp of wine. 他灌了口酒。
"They say the king loved to hunt. “据说国王爱打猎。
The things we love destroy us every time, lad. Remember that. 我告诉你,孩子,我们爱什么,到头来就会毁在什么上面。给我记清楚了。
My son loved that young wife of his. Vain woman. 我儿子爱死了他的年轻老婆。那个爱慕虚荣的女人,
If not for her, he would never have thought to sell those poachers." 要不是为了她,他也不会把脑筋动到盗猎者头上去。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/427612.html |