冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第1064期:第五十章 布兰(10)(在线收听

   "Osha, the torch," he said, biting through his pain, and she snatched it up before it went out. “欧莎,把火把拿来。”他强忍着痛说,那火炬尚未熄灭,她拾起来交给他。

  Soot stains blackened both legs of his uncle's likeness. 伯伯雕像的双腿都被熏黑了。
  "That... that beast," Luwin went on, "is supposed to be chained up in the kennels." “那……那头野东西,”鲁温续道,“应该是被拴在狗舍里。”
  Rickon patted Shaggydog's muzzle, damp with blood. 瑞肯拍拍毛毛狗血染的嘴巴。
  "I let him loose. He doesn't like chains." He licked at his fingers. “我把它放出来了。它不喜欢被拴着。”他舔舔手指。
  Rickon, Bran said, "would you like to come with me?" “瑞肯,”布兰说,“要不要跟我回去?”
  No. I like it here. “不要,我喜欢待在这里。”
  It's dark here. And cold. I'm not afraid. I have to wait for Father. “可这里又黑又冷。”“我不怕。我要等爸爸回来。”
  You can wait with me, Bran said. "We'll wait together, you and me and our wolves." “你可以跟我一起等啊,”布兰说,“你和我,还有我们的小狼,我们一起等他回来。”
  Both of the direwolves were licking wounds now, and would bear close watching. 这时两只冰原狼都舔起伤口,经此恶斗,他们需要悉心照料。
  Bran, the maester said firmly, "I know you mean well, but Shaggydog is too wild to run loose. “布兰,”学士坚定地说,“我知道你是好意,但毛毛狗性子太野,不能让它这样乱跑。
  I'm the third man he's savaged. 我是第三个被他咬伤的人了。
  Give him the freedom of the castle and it's only a question of time before he kills someone. 假如让它在城里随意活动,迟早会闹出人命。
  The truth is hard, but the wolf has to be chained, or... He hesitated... or killed, Bran thought, 事实很难接受,可这只狼一定得拴起来,否则……”他犹豫了一下。……就得杀掉,布兰心想,
  but what he said was, "He was not made for chains. We will wait in your tower, all of us." 然而他却说:“它生来就不是被拴的,就让我们一起到你的塔里等嘛。”
  That is quite impossible, Maester Luwin said. “这实在不可能。”鲁温师傅道。
  Osha grinned. "The boy's the lordling here, as I recall." 欧莎嘻嘻笑道:“我没记错的话,这里该由这孩子当家,”
  She handed Luwin back his torch and scooped Bran up into her arms again. "The maester's tower it is." 她把火炬交还鲁温,抱起布兰。“所以就到学士的塔里去吧。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/428384.html