American Idioms美国俚语(在线收听

 

美国俚语

 

Hit the Hay (go to bed )

上床睡觉

 

A: Listen, Kim. We’re going to be really busy with moving tomorrow, and we’ve got to get an early start.

听着,金。明天搬家我们肯定会很忙,而且我们还得早起。

B: I guess you’re right. We’ll need all the rest we can get.

我想你说得很对。我们得抓紧时间休息。

A: What do you say, we hit the hay now?

你是说我们现在就上床睡觉,是吧?

B: Agreed. Let’s go to bed and get a good night’s sleep. It’s going to be a long day.

是的。我们现在就上床,好好睡一晚。明天将是漫长的一天。

 

A: Say , Greg. Did you finally get that computer that you wanted so much?

嗨,格雷格,你到底有没有买你垂涎已久的那台电脑?

B: Not yet. I needed to raise a couple of hundred dollars more.

还没呢。我得再攒几百美元才行。

A: Is it going to take you a while to raise the money?

那你得再攒一段时间的钱喽?

B: It would have taken me forever, but dad said he’d cough up the money I need since I’m going to be using the computer for my school work.

也许永远也攒不够了。不过爸爸说既然我要用电脑来做功课,他还是会给我出钱的。

A: Maybe it was difficult for your dad to give you the money-but then, he knows that it’s for a good cause.

让你爸给你钱也许很难——不过到那时,他就会明白那是大有好处的。CE

 

 

 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/crazy/2/4284.html