冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第1120期:第五十三章 提利昂(12)(在线收听

   So... on the morrow, we make for Harrenhal. 所以……明日一早我们便朝赫伦堡出发。

  Kevan, I want Sir Addam's outriders to screen our movements. 凯冯,命令亚当爵士的斥候掩蔽我军行踪,
  Give him as many men as he requires, and send them out in groups of four. I will have no vanishings. 他要多少人就给他多少人,四人为一小队,不准再发生失踪的事……”
  As you say, my lord, but... why Harrenhal? That is a grim, unlucky place. Some call it cursed. “遵命,大人,可是……为什么去赫伦堡?那是个阴森不祥的地方,听说还受了诅咒。”
  Let them, Lord Tywin said. "Unleash Sir Gregor and send him before us with his reavers. “让他们去说,”泰温公爵道,“把格雷果爵士放出去,要他领着那群屠夫四处劫掠。
  Send forth Vargo Hoat and his freeriders as well, and Sir Amory Lorch. Each is to have three hundred horse. 把瓦格·霍特和他的佣兵以及亚摩利·洛奇爵士也派出去,让他们各带三百骑兵,
  Tell them I want to see the riverlands afire from the Gods Eye to the Red Fork." 告诉他们:从神眼湖到红叉河,我希望河间地带化为焦土。”
  They will burn, my lord, Sir Kevan said, rising. "I shall give the commands." He bowed and made for the door. “大人,请拭目以待。”凯冯爵士说罢起身。“我这就去传令。”他鞠躬离去。
  When they were alone, Lord Tywin glanced at Tyrion. 剩下父子俩之后,泰温公爵瞄了提利昂一眼。
  "Your savages might relish a bit of rapine. “你的野蛮人可能也喜欢来点掠夺,
  Tell them they may ride with Vargo Hoat and plunder as they like, goods, stock, women, they may take what they want and burn the rest." 你去通知他们:他们尽可以随瓦格·赫特出动,任意劫掠——不论财货、牲口还是女人,喜欢的就抢,不中意的就烧。”
  Telling Shagga and Timett how to pillage is like telling a rooster how to crow, Tyrion commented, "but I should prefer to keep them with me." “教夏嘎和提魅如何抢劫,就跟教公鸡怎么报晓一般多此一举。”提利昂表示,“但我宁可把他们留在身边。”
  Uncouth and unruly they might be, yet the wildlings were his, and he trusted them more than any of his father's men. 他们或许粗鲁难驯,但终究是他的手下,相较于父亲的人马,他宁愿信任自己的人。
  He was not about to hand them over. 他可不想就这么将他们拱手让人。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/429662.html