英国语文第三册 第53期:盲眼男孩(在线收听

 LESSON 47 The blind boy  第四十七课 盲眼男孩

O say what is that thing call'd Light,   喂,这个我永远不可享受的
Which I must ne'er enjoy;   名叫光的东西是啥;
What are the blessings of the sight,   视觉的幸福是什么,
O tell your poor blind boy!  告诉你可怜的盲童吧!
You talk of wondrous things you see,      你讲到你所看见的各种奇妙事物,
You say the sun shines bright;   你说太阳照耀得明亮;
I feel him warm, but how can he   我感觉它温暖,但是它如何
Or make it day or night?  能造成白昼和夜晚?
My day or night myself I make   我的白昼或夜晚是我自己造成,
Whene'er I sleep or play;       在我睡眠或游戏的时候;
And could I ever keep awake   我只要一直保持苏醒,
With me 't were always day.  对我而言,总是白昼。
With heavy sighs I often hear   为着我不幸的灾祸,
You mourn my hapless woe;   我常听到你们沉重的悲叹;
But sure with patience I can bear         但是我准能忍受得过
A loss I ne'er can know.  我永远不会了解的遗憾。
Then let not what I cannot have   那就别让我不能得到的东西
My cheer of mind destroy:   破坏我精神上的欢乐;
Whilst thus I sing, I am a king,   当我这样歌唱时,我就是皇帝,
Although a poor blind boy.  虽然是可怜的盲童一个。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ygyw/d3c/430368.html