美国语文第三册 第35期:草莓(2)(在线收听

   "I will eat half, and take the other half to her," said he at last; and he divided them into two heaps. “我就吃一半,把另一半留给她。”他最后说道;接着,他把草莓分成了两堆。

  But each heap looked so small, that he put them together again. 但是,每一堆看上去都那么小,于是,他又把它们合起来。
  "I will only taste one," thought he; “我只尝一个吧,”他心里又想;
  but, as he again lifted it to his mouth, he saw that he had taken the finest, and he put it back. 但是,当他再次拿起草莓放到嘴边时,看到自己拿起了那个最好的草莓,于是他又放了回去。
  "I will keep them all for her," said he, and he covered them up nicely, till he should go home. “我还是把草莓都留给她吧,”他一边说着,一边细心地盖好所有草莓,一直留到该回家的时候。
  When the sun was beginning to sink, George set out for home. 太阳开始下沉时,乔治决定要回家了。
  How happy he felt, then, that he had all his strawberries for his sick mother. 他心里多么高兴呀,将所有的草莓都留给了生病的妈妈。
  The nearer he came to his home, the less he wished to taste them. 越是靠近自己的家,他就越不想去品尝它们了。
  Just as he had thrown down his wood, he heard his mother's faint voice calling him from the next room. 刚刚放下拣来的木头,他就听到隔壁房间里传来了妈妈呼唤他的虚弱声音。
  Is that you, George? 是你吗,乔治?
  I am glad you have come, for I am thirsty, and am longing for some tea. 我很高兴你回来了,我太渴了,真想能喝点茶。
  George ran in to her, and joyfully offered his wild strawberries. 乔治立刻跑向她,欢快地把自己采来的野生草莓给妈妈。
  "And you saved them for your sick mother, did you?" said she, laying her hand fondly on his head, while the tears stood in her eyes. “你把草莓都留给了生病的妈妈,是吗?”她说,充满怜爱地将手放到乔治头上,眼中噙满了泪水。
  God will bless you for all this, my child. 上帝会保佑你的,我的孩子。
  Could the eating of the strawberries have given George half the happiness he felt at this moment? 自己吃掉草莓,能给乔治带来此刻一半的快乐吗?
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d3c/430836.html