美国语文第三册 第58期:海浪(2)(在线收听) |
And the little one went about its work, and learned to be quiet and gentle, for fear of breaking the shells. 小的那朵带着她的任务去了,学着安静而温柔地行动,生怕打碎了那些贝壳。 "Where is my work?" said a great, full-grown wave. “我的任务在哪里?”一朵巨大的、成长完全的海浪问。
This is mere play. 我现在这样只是玩。
The little ones can do this and laugh over it. 那些小的海浪都可以做这个事情并且一笑了之。
"Mother said there was work for me." And he came down upon some large rocks. “母亲说有任务专门给我的。”说着他落到一些巨大的岩石上。
Over the rocks and into a pool he went, and he heard the fishes say, The sea is coming. 他越过岩石,来到了一个池子里,这时他听到鱼儿说:海水来了。
Thank you, great sea; you always send a big wave when a storm is nigh. 谢谢你,伟大的海。每当暴风雨临近的时候,你总是送来一个巨浪。
Thank you, kind wave; we are all ready for you now. 谢谢,仁慈的海浪;现在我们全都准备好了,迎接你的到来。
Then the waves all went back over the wet sands, slowly and carelessly, for they were tired. 之后,所有海浪都越过潮湿的沙滩往回走,他们走得很慢,漫不经心,因为他们都累了。
"All my shells are safe," said one. “我所有的贝壳都安然无恙。”一个说。
And, "My seaweeds are left behind," said another. “还有我的海藻也留在那里了。”另一个说。
"I washed all of the pebbles," said a third. “我清洗了所有的卵石。”第三个说。
"And I—I only broke on a rock, and splashed into a pool," said the one that was so eager to work. "I have done no good, mother—no work at all." “而我——我只是撞击到一块岩石上,然后溅落到一个池子里,”那朵最急于要有所作为的浪花说,“我没有做好,母亲——我没有完成任何任务。”
"Hush!" said the sea. And they heard a child that was walking on the shore, say, "O mother, the sea has been here!" “嘘!”大海示意。他们听见一个在岸边走着的孩子说:“噢,妈妈,海水来过这里!”
Look, how nice and clean the sand is, and how clear the water is in that pool." 看,沙滩多干净多好,还有那个池子里的水多么清澈!
Then the sea, said, "Hark!" and far away they heard the deep moaning of the coming storm. 然后,大海又说:“听!”他们听到遥远的地方传来即将到来的暴风雨低沉的呻吟。
"Come, my darlings," said she; "you have done your work, now let the storm do its work." “来吧,我亲爱的孩子们,”她说,“你们已经完成了你们的任务,现在让暴风雨来做他的工作吧。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d3c/430859.html |