美国语文第四册 第129期:安妮的梦(4)(在线收听) |
"It is very wonderful," said Annie. "Is it nice to be a sprite?" “太奇妙了,”安妮说,“做精灵好吗?” Oh, yes, we are very gay. All last night we had a fine time sparkling in the moonlight. 噢,好,我们很开心。昨天整晚我们在月光下闪耀,过得快乐极了。
I wore a long wreath full of ice pearls and diamonds. Here is a piece of it. 我戴着长长的镶满冰珍珠和钻石的花环。这是其中一颗。
Before long we shall be water sprites again. I see the sun is coming this way. 我们不久就会重新变成水精灵。我看到太阳朝这边来了。
"Shall you dread to be melted?" inquired Annie. “你害怕融化吗?”安妮问道。
"No, indeed," answered the sprite. "I like to change my form now and then." “不,实际上,”小精灵回答道,“我愿意不时换换体形。”
A thought flashed across Annie's brain. 一个念头掠过安妮的大脑。
What if she should breathe on the frost and not wait for the sun to melt it. In a moment more she had done so. 要是在霜上呼气,不等太阳融化它会怎么样。不一会,她果然这么做了。
Down fell a great number of the tiny mountains and castles, carrying with them a multitude of frost sprites, and all that could be seen was a drop of water on the window sill. 大量微小的山脉和城堡坍塌了,带着大量的霜精灵,窗玻璃上只看到一滴水。
"Oh, dear! have I hurt them?" she exclaimed. “噢,天哪!我伤到你们了吗?”她惊叫道。
"No, no," replied a chorus of many small voices from the drop of water, we are only water sprites again. “没有,没有,”水滴中很多小的声音齐声回答,我们又变成水精灵了。
Nothing hurts us; we merely change. 什么也不能伤害我们,我们只是变化了体形。
"But you are always pretty little things," said Annie. "I wish—" “可是你们永远是可爱的小精灵,”安妮说,“我希望——”
Here a ring at the doorbell woke Annie. 这时门铃声唤醒了梦中的安妮。
She started up to find the family had returned from their visit, which all declared was a delightful one. 家人已经做客回来了,他们都说过得很开心。
But Annie said she did not believe they had enjoyed their visit better than she had her half hour's dream. 可是安妮说她不信他们过得比她半小时的梦还快乐。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d4c/431406.html |