美国语文第五册 第181期:威廉-泰尔(6)(在线收听

   Mayst thou live, my boy, To see thy country free, or die for her, As I do! (Albert weeps.) 你必须活下去,我的孩子,看到你的国家获得自由的那一天,或者像我这样,为国家而死。(阿尔伯特哭泣)

  Sarnem says: Mark! he weeps. 萨勒姆说:看!那孩子在哭。
  Tell says: Were he my son, He would not shed a tear! 泰尔说:如果他是我的儿子,他不会流一滴眼泪,
  He would remember The cliff where he was bred, and learned to scan A thousand fathoms' depth of nether air; 他会记住在山里的悬崖峭壁上,他曾经接受严格训练,
  Where he was trained to hear the thunder talk, And meet the lightning, eye to eye; 学会辨别来自很远的风中声音,学会倾听雷鸣,学会与闪电面对面对话。
  where last We spoke together, when I told him death Bestowed the brightest gem that graces life, Embraced for virtue's sake. 当我最后一次与他交谈时,我对他说,死亡将珍贵的宝石馈赠有尊严的生命;由于人的高尚美德,死亡将拥抱有尊严的个体,
  He shed a tear! Now were he by, I'd talk to him, and his cheek should never blanch, nor moisture dim his eye.  他听后流下了眼泪。如果他现在在这里,我也会对他说,你的脸颊不会苍白,眼泪不会让眼睛黯淡,
  I'd talk to him... He falters! 我想要对他说……那孩子在发抖。
  Th is too much! And yet it must be done!  我说得太多了。不过,这些都是必须要说的,
  I'd talk to him. Of what? 我还想和他谈谈。还谈什么?
  The mother, tyrant, thou dost make A widow of!  谈谈他的妈妈。暴君,你确实让一个女人成为寡妇。
  I'd talk to him of her. 我想和他谈谈那女人。
  I'd bid him tell her, next to liberty, Her name was the last word my lips pronounced. 我让他保证转告那位母亲,在自由快要来到时,我最后说出的是她的名字。
  And I would charge him never to forget To love and cherish her, 我要让他发誓别忘记他妈妈,更要疼爱她,珍惜她,
  as he would have His father's dying blessing rest upon him! 这些都是他的儿子获得父亲的临终祝福!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d5c/431898.html