向前一步:第87期 如何找到你的人生导师(1)(在线收听

   Chapter 5 Are You My Mentor? 第5章 如何找到你的人生导师

  When I was a child, one of my favorite books was Are You My Mother?, 小时候我最喜欢的一本书是《你是我的妈妈吗?》,
  the story of a baby bird that emerges from its shell to discover an empty nest. 讲的是一只雏鸟破壳而出,却发现自己独守空巢,
  The hatchling heads off in search of its missing mother, asking a kitten, a hen, a dog, and a cow the burning question: "Are you my mother?" 于是它出发去寻找妈妈的故事。一路上,小鸟急切地向小猫、小鸡、小狗,还有一头奶牛问同一个问题:“你是我的妈妈吗?”
  Each animal responds, "No." 它们都回答说“不是”。
  The hatchling grows more desperate, eventually shouting, "Are you my mother?" at a car, a boat, a plane, and even a steam shovel, which can only respond with a loud "Snort!" 小鸟越来越绝望,最后竟朝着汽车、轮船、飞机,甚至是挖掘机大叫:“你是我的妈妈吗?”挖掘机的回应只是响亮的喷气声。
  Stuck in the shovel's jaws, the hatchling appears doomed until, miraculously, the shovel lifts the bird back to its nest. 被卡在挖掘机铲斗里的小鸟似乎在劫难逃,但铲斗居然奇迹般地将它送回了鸟巢。
  The mother returns and the hatchling announces, "You are a bird, and you are my mother." 终于,鸟妈妈回来了,小鸟说:“啊,你才是我的妈妈!”
  This children's book poignantly mirrors the professional question "Are you my mentor?" 这本书切中了一个职业问题:“你是我的人生导师吗?”
  If someone has to ask the question, the answer is probably no. 如果有人一定要问,得到的答案很可能是“不是”。
  When someone finds the right mentor, it is obvious. The question becomes a statement. 当一个人想找到合适的导师时,一切看上去都理所当然,而且问题本身也变成了一种声明。
  Chasing or forcing that connection rarely works, and yet I see women attempt this all the time. 可是,追求或勉强建立这样的关系却几乎没什么效果,但是在现实生活中,很多女性经常这样做。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/436607.html