英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第42期:第四章 邀请(6)(在线收听

 I looked forward to see Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper all sliding into the Volvo.  我盼着看到爱丽丝、罗莎莉、埃美特和贾斯帕全塞到沃尔沃里面去。

In his rearview mirror, Edward's eyes were on me.  爱德华在从后视镜里看我。
He was unquestionably shaking with laughter, as if he'd heard every word Tyler had said.  无疑,他笑得浑身都在哆嗦了,给人的感觉是他听见了泰勒刚才说的每一个字。
My foot itched toward the gas pedal... one little bump wouldn't hurt any of them, just that glossy silver paint job.  我的脚直痒痒,想踩一脚油门……稍微撞一下,伤不着他们,顶多也就是把那光亮夺目的银色漆蹭掉一块呗。
I revved the engine.  我把发动机的转速提上来了。
But they were all in, and Edward was speeding away.  可他们全都已经坐上去了,爱德华便飞速把车开走了。
I drove home slowly, carefully, muttering to myself the whole way.  我降低车速,小心地开回了家,一路上都在喃喃自语。
When I got home, I decided to make chicken enchiladas for dinner.  到家后,我决定晚饭做鸡肉馅玉米卷饼吃。
It was a long process, and it would keep me busy.  这个要花很长的时间才能做好,而且不会让我闲着。
While I was simmering the onions and chilies, the phone rang.  当我炖大葱和辣椒的时候,电话响了。
I was almost afraid to answer it, but it might be Charlie or my mom.  我差点儿不敢接,不过也许是查理或妈妈打来的。
It was Jessica, and she was jubilant;  是杰西卡,而且她很兴高采烈;
Mike had caught her after school to accept her invitation.  迈克放学后截住了她,接受了她的邀请。
I celebrated with her briefly while I stirred.  我一边搅着锅里一边向她简短地表示了祝贺。
She had to go, she wanted to call Angela and Lauren to tell them.  她得挂断了,她想给安吉拉和劳伦打电话把这个消息告诉她们。
I suggested — with casual innocence — that maybe Angela, the shy girl who had Biology with me, could ask Eric.  我漫不经心地建议道,或许安吉拉,那个生物学和我同班的腼腆女孩可以邀请埃里克,
And Lauren, a standoffish girl who had always ignored me at the lunch table, could ask Tyler;  还有劳伦,那个有点冷淡,午餐桌上老不搭理我的女孩可以邀请泰勒;
I'd heard he was still available.  我听说他还没有受到邀请。
Jess thought that was a great idea.  杰西认为那是个极妙的主意。
Now that she was sure of Mike, she actually sounded sincere when she said she wished I would go to the dance. 由于迈克已经十拿九稳了,所以她说到希望我去参加舞会时,说实在的,语气听上去很真诚。
I gave her my Seattle excuse.  我以要去西雅图为借口搪塞过去了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437527.html