英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第46期:第四章 邀请(10)(在线收听

 "Why the traffic jam last night?"  "昨晚塞车是怎么回事?"

I demanded, still looking away.  我问,依旧望着一边,
"I thought you were supposed to be pretending I don't exist, not irritating me to death."  "我看你是在装着没看见我在你后面,这没把我给气死。"
"That was for Tyler's sake, not mine. "那可是为了泰勒的缘故,不是为了我哟。
I had to give him his chance."  我不得不给他一个机会。"
He snickered.  他暗笑道。
"You..." I gasped.  "你……"我气吁吁地说道。
I couldn't think of a bad enough word.  我想不出可以形容他坏的词儿来了。
It felt like the heat of my anger should physically burn him, but he only seemed more amused.  我觉得我的怒火都可以把他烧冒烟了,可他似乎只是觉得更好笑了。
"And I'm not pretending you don't exist," he continued.  "我可没有装着不知道你在哟,"他继续道。
"So you are trying to irritate me to death?  "这么说你是想把我活活气死?
Since Tyler's van didn't do the job?"  因为泰勒的车没把我撞死?"
Anger flashed in his tawny eyes.  他黄褐色的眼睛里闪现了愤怒的神色,
His lips pressed into a hard line, all signs of humor gone.  嘴巴咬得紧紧的,所有的幽默劲儿都不见了。
"Bella, you are utterly absurd,"  "贝拉,你真是荒唐至极,"
he said, his low voice cold.  他说道,低低的声音很冷淡。
My palms tingled — I wanted so badly to hit something.  我的双手都在发抖了——恨不得揍什么东西几拳。
I was surprised at myself.  我惊讶自己这是怎么啦。
I was usually a nonviolent person.  我平常可不是一个喜欢动粗的人。
I turned my back and started to walk away.  我背过身去走开了。
"Wait," he called.  "等等,"他在后面叫我。
I kept walking, sloshing angrily through the rain.  我没有停,而是溅着泥水,在雨中继续往前走。
But he was next to me, easily keeping pace.  可他又在我身边了,轻松地跟上了我的步伐。
"I'm sorry, that was rude,"  "对不起,刚才太粗鲁了,"
he said as we walked.  他边走边说。
I ignored him.  我没有理睬他。
"I'm not saying it isn't true," he continued, "but it was rude to say it, anyway."  "我不是在说那不是真的,"他继续道,"可不管怎样,那样说太难听了。"
"Why won't you leave me alone?" I grumbled.  "你干吗老缠着我不放啊?"我嘟囔道。
"I wanted to ask you something, but you sidetracked me," he chuckled.  "我是想问你点儿事情,可你把我的思路给岔开了,"他嘿嘿笑道。
He seemed to have recovered his good humor.  他的幽默劲儿似乎又找回来了。
"Do you have a multiple personality disorder?"  "你是不是有多重人格障碍呀?"
I asked severely.  我严肃地问道。
"You're doing it again."  "你又来了。"
I sighed. "Fine then.  我叹了口气说道:"那么好吧,
What do you want to ask?"  你想要问什么?"
"I was wondering if, a week from Saturday — you know, the day of the spring dance —"  "我是在想,下个周六——你知道的,春季舞会那天——"
"Are you trying to be funny?"  "你是想拿我寻开心?"
I interrupted him, wheeling toward him.  我打断了他的话,同时冲着他转过身来。
My face got drenched as I looked up at his expression.  我抬起头瞅他的表情时,脸让雨淋了个透。
His eyes were wickedly amused.  他的两眼里闪着顽皮的笑意:
"Will you please allow me to finish?"  "能不能请你让我把话说完?"
I bit my lip and clasped my hands together, interlocking my fingers, so I couldn't do anything rash.  我咬住嘴唇,两手十指交叉抱在一起,以免做出鲁莽的事情来。
"I heard you say you were going to Seattle that day, and I was wondering if you wanted a ride."  "我听说你那天打算去西雅图,我想知道你想不想搭便车?"
That was unexpected.  这倒是出乎意料。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437543.html