英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第225期:第十三章 自白(16)(在线收听

 My head was spinning at the rapid change in direction our conversation had taken. 我的脑海里一片混乱,我们的对话居然急转直下走到了这个方向上。

From the cheerful topic of my impending demise, we were suddenly declaring ourselves. 刚才我们还在讨论着那个愉快的关于我迫在眉睫的死亡的话题,现在我们竟然在相互告白了。
He waited, and even though I looked down to study our hands between us, I knew his golden eyes were on me. 他等待着,尽管我低着头开始研究我们之间相握的手,我知道他金色的眼睛正注视着我。
"You already know how I feel, of course," I finally said. “你已经知道我的感觉了,当然,”我最终说道。
"I'm here...which, roughly translated, means I would rather die than stay away from you." “我就在这里……这,大致翻译过来的话,是指我宁愿死,也不愿离开你。”
I frowned. "I'm an idiot." 我皱起眉。“我是个傻瓜。”
"You are an idiot," he agreed with a laugh. “你确实是个傻瓜。”他赞同地大笑起来。
Our eyes met, and I laughed, too. 我们的目光交汇在一起,
We laughed together at the idiocy and sheer impossibility of such a moment. 然后我也大笑起来。我们一起为这种白痴的,全无可能的行径大笑了许久。
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." he murmured. “那么,狮子爱上了绵羊……”他喃喃低语道。
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word. 我看向别处,掩饰着自己的眼神,因为我被这句话震撼了。
"What a stupid lamb," I sighed. “多么愚蠢的绵羊。”我叹息着说。
"What a sick, masochistic lion." “多么病态的,嗜好受虐的狮子。”
He stared into the shadowy forest for a long moment, and I wondered where his thoughts had taken him. 他凝望着那片幽暗的森林,许久许久,我想知道是什么样的想法让他沉浸其中。
"Why...?" I began, and then paused, not sure how to continue. “为什么……?”我开了口,但又停住了,不知道怎么说下去。
He looked at me and smiled; sunlight glinted off his face, his teeth. 他看着我,笑了,阳光闪耀在他的脸上,他的齿间。
"Yes?" “怎么了?”
"Tell me why you ran from me before." “告诉我,你刚才为什么要从我身边逃开。”
His smile faded. "You know why." 他的笑容消失了。“你知道为什么。”
"No, I mean, exactly what did I do wrong? “不,我是说,更确切些,我做错了什么?
I'll have to be on my guard, you see, so I better start learning what I shouldn't do. 我得提高警惕,你知道,所以我最好开始了解我不应该做什么。
This, for example"—I stroked the back of his hand—"seems to be all right." 这个,比方说”——我轻抚着他的手背——“似乎没问题。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438342.html