英语听书《海底两万里》第370期 第24章 希腊群岛(5)(在线收听

 That's also well put, the Canadian replied.  您这些话很正确,加拿大人回答说,

But your proviso applies to any escape attempt, whether it happens in two years or two days.  但您提出的这一点可以应用到所有逃走的计划上面,两年后做的或两天内做的都适用。
So this is still the question: if a promising opportunity comes up, we have to grab it. 所以,问题还是这个:好机会来了,就要把握住。
Agreed. And now, Ned, will you tell me what you mean by a promising opportunity? 我同意。尼德,现在请您告诉我,您所谓好机会是指什么说呢?
One that leads the Nautilus on a cloudy night within a short distance of some European coast. 我所谓好机会,就是指一个黑夜里,诺第留斯号很挨近欧洲的某一处海岸的时候。
And you'll try to get away by swimming? 你打算利用水逃走吗?
Yes, if we're close enough to shore and the ship's afloat on the surface. No, if we're well out and the ship's navigating under the waters. 对。如果我们离海岸相当近,船又浮在水面,我们就逃走。如果我们离岸很远,船又在水底航行,我们就留下。
And in that event? 留下又怎样呢?
In that event I'll try to get hold of the skiff.  留下,我就想法夺取那只小艇。
I know how to handle it. We'll stick ourselves inside, undo the bolts, and rise to the surface, without the helmsman in the bow seeing a thing. 我知道这小艇是怎样操纵的。我们走进艇里面去,把螺钉松开,我们就浮上水面来,就是在船头的领航人也看不见我们逃走。
Fine, Ned. Stay on the lookout for such an opportunity, but don't forget, one slipup will finish us. 好,尼德。您小心侦察这个好机会吧,但您不要忘记,如果失败,我们就完了。
I won't forget, sir. 我不会忘记,先生。
And now, Ned, would you like to know my overall thinking on your plan? 现在,尼德,您愿意知道我对于您的计划的想法吗?
Gladly, Professor Aronnax. 很愿意,阿龙纳斯先生。
Well then, I think-and I don't mean 'I hope'-that your promising opportunity won't ever arise.Why not? 那么,我想—我不说我希望—这个好机会不会到来为什么不会到来?
Because Captain Nemo recognizes that we haven't given up all hope of recovering our freedom, and he'll keep on his guard, above all in seas within sight of the coasts of Europe. 因为尼摩船长不可能不看到,我们并没有抛弃恢复我们自由的希望,他一定小心警戒,特别在这一带接近欧洲海岸的海洋中。
I'm of master's opinion, Conseil said. 我同意先生的看法。康塞尔说。
We'll soon see, Ned Land replied, shaking his head with a determined expression. 我们瞧着办吧。尼德·兰回答,神气很坚决地摇摇头。
And now, Ned Land, I added, let's leave it at that. Not another word on any of this. The day you're ready, alert us and we're with you. I turn it all over to you. 现在,我又说,尼德,就谈到这里吧。以后不要再提这事了。到那一夭,您准备好了,您就通知我们,我们跟着您走。我完全听从您。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/439642.html