月亮和六便士 第五十三章(4)(在线收听

 Tiare sighed. 蒂阿瑞叹了口气。

"Ah, I wish I were fifteen again." “啊,我真希望我再回到十五岁的年纪。”
Then she caught sight of a cat trying to get at a dish of prawns on the kitchen table, 这时,她忽然看见一只猫正在厨房桌上偷对虾吃,
and with a dexterous gesture and a lively volley of abuse flung a book at its scampering tail. 随着连珠炮似的一串咒骂,她又麻利又准确地把一本书扔在仓皇逃跑的猫尾巴上。
"I asked him if he was happy with Ata. “我问他同爱塔一起生活幸福不幸福。”
"'She leaves me alone,' he said. “‘她不打扰我,’他说。
'She cooks my food and looks after her babies. ‘她给我做饭,照管孩子。
She does what I tell her. 我叫她做什么她就做什么。
She gives me what I want from a woman.' 凡是我要求一个女人的,她都给我了。’”
"'And do you never regret Europe? “‘你离开欧洲从来也没有后悔过吗?
Do you not yearn sometimes for the light of the streets in Paris or London, the companionship of your friends, and equals, que sais-je? 有的时候你是不是也怀念巴黎或伦敦街头的灯火?怀念你的朋友、伙伴?
for theatres and newspapers, and the rumble of omnibuses on the cobbled pavements?' 还有我不知道的一些东西,剧院呀、报纸呀、公共马车隆隆走过鹅卵石路的声响?’”
"For a long time he was silent. Then he said:"'I shall stay here till I die.' 很久,很久,他一句话也没有说。最后他开口道:“‘我愿意待在这里,一直到我死。’”
"'But are you never bored or lonely?' I asked. “‘但是你就从来也不感到厌烦,不感到寂寞?’”我问道。
"He chuckled. 他咯咯地笑了几声。
"'Mon pauvre ami,' he said. 'It is evident that you do not know what it is to be an artist.'" “‘我可怜的朋友,’他说,‘很清楚,你不懂作一个艺术家是怎么回事。’”
Capitaine Brunot turned to me with a gentle smile, and there was a wonderful look in his dark, kind eyes. 布吕诺船长转过头来对我微微一笑,他的一双和蔼的黑眼睛里闪着奇妙的光辉。
"He did me an injustice, for I too know what it is to have dreams. “他这样说对我可太不公平了,因为我也知道什么叫怀着梦想。
I have my visions too. 我自己就也有幻想。
In my way I also am an artist." 从某一方面讲,我自己也是个艺术家。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/ylhlbs/440087.html