英语听书《海底两万里》第546期 第34章 大屠杀(7)(在线收听) |
"From what country is that ship?" “那艘船是哪个国家的?” "You don't know? Fine, so much the better! At least its nationality will remain a secret to you. Go below!" “您不知道?好啊!太好了!它的国籍,至少对您来说,是个谜。请下去。”
The Canadian, Conseil, and I could only obey. 我和加拿大人、康塞尔,我们只好服从船长的命令。
Some fifteen of the Nautilus's seamen surrounded their captain and stared with a feeling of implacable hate at the ship bearing down on them. 这时,“鹦鹉螺号” 船上的十五位水手围在船长身边,用一种不共戴天的仇恨眼光看着这艘向他们逼近的船。
You could feel the same spirit of vengeance enkindling their every soul. 我们感觉到一种同仇敌忾的复仇情绪煽动着所有这些灵魂。
I went below just as another projectile scraped the Nautilus's hull, and I heard the captain exclaim: 我下去时,又有一颗炮弹落在了“鹦鹉螺号”的船壳上,我听到船长喊道:
"Shoot, you demented vessel! Shower your futile shells! “打吧,发疯的船!把你那些没用的炮弹都打出来吧!
You won't escape the Nautilus's spur! But this isn't the place where you'll perish! 你是躲不过‘鹦鹉螺号’的冲角的。但你不应该葬身在这里!
I don't want your wreckage mingling with that of the Avenger!" 我不会让你的残骸玷污了‘复仇号’的骸骨的!”
I repaired to my stateroom. The captain and his chief officer stayed on the platform. 我回到房间里,船长和他的副手还呆在平台上。
The propeller was set in motion. The Nautilus swiftly retreated, putting us outside the range of the vessel's shells. “鹦鹉螺号”船只的推动器启动了,它全速开到了战舰炮弹的射程范围外。
But the chase continued, and Captain Nemo was content to keep his distance. 但追击还在继续,尼摩船长与那艘战舰一直保持着一定的距离。
Near four o'clock in the afternoon, unable to control the impatience and uneasiness devouring me, I went back to the central companionway. 下午 4 点钟左右,我再也抑制不住内心的焦急和不安,我走到中央扶梯。
The hatch was open. I ventured onto the platform. 嵌板是打开着的,我斗胆走上平台。
The captain was still strolling there, his steps agitated. 船长还在那里激动地踱着方步,
He stared at the ship, which stayed to his leeward five or six miles off. 他看着下风处那艘距他 5 至 6 海里的船,
He was circling it like a wild beast, drawing it eastward, letting it chase after him. 像一只猛兽一样在它周围兜转,把它引向东边,让它追赶。
Yet he didn't attack. Was he, perhaps, still undecided? 然而他还没攻击它,或许他还犹豫不决? |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440400.html |