英语听书《海底两万里》第557期 第35章 尼摩船长的最后几句话(4)(在线收听

 Conseil couldn't coax a single word out of him and feared that, 康塞尔因为从加拿大人那里逼不出一句话,

in a fit of delirium while under the sway of a ghastly homesickness, Ned would kill himself. 害怕他在过度颓丧中,在吓人的思乡病驱使下,会自行了断。
So he kept a devoted watch on his friend every instant. 于是,康塞尔一刻不殆地忠诚地监护着他。
You can appreciate that under these conditions, our situation had become untenable. 我们明白,在这种处境下,我们再不能这样持续下去了。
One morning--whose date I'm unable to specify--I was slumbering near the first hours of daylight, a painful, sickly slumber. 一天早上——在哪一天,我也说不上来——凌晨左右,我在艰苦和病态中昏昏欲睡。
Waking up, I saw Ned Land leaning over me, and I heard him tell me in a low voice: "We're going to escape!" 当我醒来时,我看到尼德·兰俯在我身上,低声地对我说: “我们逃走吧!”
I sat up. "When?" I asked. 我站起来。“什么时候?”我问。
"Tonight. There doesn't seem to be any supervision left on the Nautilus. “今晚。‘鹦鹉螺号’上好像失去了一切监控,
You'd think a total daze was reigning on board. 船上似乎笼罩在恐慌中。
Will you be ready, sir?" 您准备好了吗,先生?”
"Yes. Where are we?" “是的,我们在哪里呢?”
"In sight of land. I saw it through the mists just this morning, twenty miles to the east." “今天早上,在浓雾中,我刚看到了在东边20海里处有一片陆地。” 
"What land is it?" “那陆地是什么地方?”  
"I've no idea, but whatever it is, there we'll take refuge." “我不知道,但不管是什么地方,我们都要往那里逃。” 
"Yes, Ned! We'll escape tonight even if the sea swallows us up!" “好!尼德。好,我们今晚就逃走,就算大海把我们吐没了也要逃。” 
"The sea's rough, the wind's blowing hard, but a twenty-mile run in the Nautilus's nimble longboat doesn't scare me. “海面情况很糟,风很猛,但在‘鹦鹉螺号’船上那艘轻便的小艇中划20海里,我是不怕的。
Unknown to the crew, I've stowed some food and flasks of water inside." 而且我已经在艇上放了一些粮食和几瓶水,船上的人没发现。”
"I'm with you." “我跟您走。” 
"What's more," the Canadian added, "if they catch me, I'll defend myself, I'll fight to the death." “此外,”加拿大人补充说,“如果我被发现,我要自卫,我让他们把我杀了好了。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440461.html