早安英文 第164期:美剧「广告狂人」经典段落赏析:希尔顿篇(在线收听) |
英语学习笔记: Rome, Tehran, Tokyo are magnificent destinations
罗马 德黑兰 东京都是重要目的地
And that's really been the focus of almost every campaign you've had up till now
而且,也差不多是目前为止,你所有广告的重点
How to lure the american traveler abroad.
就是怎么把美国游客吸引出国
What more do we need than a picture of Athens To get our hearts racing?
除了一张雅典的图片,还需要什么来让我们心潮澎湃呢
magnificent adj. 华丽的
campaign n. 广告
And yet the average american experiences a level of luxury That belongs only to kings In most of the world.
目前 普通的美国人的生活水平 在世界大部分地方 只有王室才能达到
We're not chauvinists.
我们不是盲目的爱国主义者
We just have expectations.
我们只是有所期待而已
Well, now there's one word that promises The thrill of international travel With the comfort of home: "Hilton.
现在,有一个单词可以承诺,在提供美妙的国际旅行的同时,给你家庭般的舒适,”希尔顿"
chauvinists n. 盲目的爱国者
expectation n. 预期
How do you say ice water in Italian? Hilton.
意大利语里冰水怎么说 "希尔顿"
How do you say fresh towels in farsi? Hilton.
波斯语里干净毛巾怎么说 "希尔顿"
How do you say hamburger in Japanese? Hilton.
日语的汉堡包怎么说 "希尔顿"
Hilton. It's the same in every language.
这个词可以用在所有语言当中
fresh 干净
But what about the moon?
但月亮呢
Excuse me?
什么
There's nothing about the moon.
广告中没提到月亮
Well, right now, that's not an actual destination.
现在 月球还无法成为实际可达的目的地
That wasn't the point.
这不是重点
I said I wanted hilton on the moon.
I couldn't have been more clear about it.
我说过要在月球上建希尔顿
我已经说得很清楚了
Well I'll admit I misunderstood that.
我承认我理解有误
actual adj. 真实的
destination n. 目的地 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zayy/444472.html |