乔布斯传 第429期:乔尼·艾弗(1)(在线收听) |
Jony Ive 乔尼·艾弗 When Jobs gathered his top management for a pep talk just after he became iCEO in September 1997, 1997年9月,乔布斯重返苹果公司出任iCEO,他将高管层召集在一起进行动员讲话。
sitting in the audience was a sensitive and passionate thirty-year-old Brit who was head of the company's design team. 在听众席上有一位细腻又充满热情的英国人,30岁,是苹果公司设计团队的主管。
Jonathan Ive, known to all as Jony, was planning to quit. 乔纳森·艾弗,大家都叫他乔尼。他当时正打算辞职。
He was sick of the company's focus on profit maximization rather than product design. 他受够了公司一心想要把利润最大化而疏于产品设计的做法,
Jobs's talk led him to reconsider. 而乔布斯的讲话动摇了他辞职的念头。
"I remember very clearly Steve announcing that our goal is not just to make money but to make great products," Ive recalled. “我记得非常清楚,史蒂夫宣布我们的目标不仅仅是赚钱,而是制造出伟大的产品,”艾弗回忆道,
"The decisions you make based on that philosophy are fundamentally different from the ones we had been making at Apple." “基于这一理念所作出的决策会与从前有本质的不同。”
Ive and Jobs would soon forge a bond that would lead to the greatest industrial design collaboration of their era. 艾弗和乔布斯很快就一拍即合,成为了他们那个时代最伟大的工业设计搭档。
Ive grew up in Chingford, a town on the northeast edge of London. 艾弗在伦敦东北部的清福德镇长大。
His father was a silversmith who taught at the local college. 父亲是一名银匠,在当地的大学教授传统技艺。
"He's a fantastic craftsman," Ive recalled. “他是一名极其出色的工匠,”艾弗回忆道,
"His Christmas gift to me would be one day of his time in his college workshop, “他给我的圣诞礼物,就是带我到学校工作坊里度过一天。
during the Christmas break when no one else was there, helping me make whatever I dreamed up." 圣诞节假期时学校里没有人,他会帮我做我想要的东西。”
The only condition was that Jony had to draw by hand what they planned to make. 但前提是,乔尼必须把想要做的东西亲手画出来。
"I always understood the beauty of things made by hand. “我一直都很欣赏手工制品的美。
I came to realize that what was really important was the care that was put into it. 我开始意识到对产品付出的心血至关重要。
What I really despise is when I sense some carelessness in a product." 我最无法忍受的就是从产品中感觉出草率的态度。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/444845.html |