英语PK台 第39期:从ABC开始扔掉字幕看《老友记》(1)(在线收听

 地点:莫妮卡公寓

人物:莫妮卡,瑞秋,罗斯,钱德勒
事件:众友人鼓励逃婚离家的瑞秋将信用卡剪掉,这样才能开始过不依靠父母和他人的新生活。
听力文本:
Monica: All right, you ready?
莫妮卡:好的,准备好了吗?
Rachel: No. No, no, I’m not ready! How can I be ready? “Hey, Rach! You ready to jump out the airplane without your parachute?” Come on, I can’t do this!
瑞秋:不。不,不,我没准备好!我怎么可能准备好了呢?“嗨,瑞秋!你准备好不用降落伞跳出飞机了吗?”算了,我不行!
Monica: You can, I know you can!
莫妮卡:你能行的, 我知道你能行!
Rachel: I don’t think so.
瑞秋:我不觉得。
Ross: Come on, you made coffee! You can do anything! C’mon,cut. Cut, cut, cut,...
罗斯:来吧,你会泡咖啡!你就什么都可以做!来嘛,剪吧。剪,剪,剪……
All: Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut...
众人:剪,剪,剪,剪,剪,剪,剪……
Rachel: Y’know what? I think we can just leave it at that. It’s kind like a symbolic gesture...
瑞秋:你们知道吗?我认为我们可以把它留在那里。就好像某种象征性的符号……
Monica: Rachel! That was a library card!
莫妮卡:瑞秋!那是借书卡!
All: Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut..
众人:剪,剪,剪,剪,剪,剪,剪……
Chandler: Y’know, if you listen closely, you can hear a thousand retailers scream.
钱德勒:知道吗,如果你们仔细听,你们会听到上千的商家在尖叫。
Monica: Welcome to the real world!It sucks. You’re gonna love it!
莫妮卡:欢迎来到现实的世界。这里糟透了,但你会喜欢的!
New words for dialogue :
ready adj. 准备好的
airplane n. 飞机
parachute n. 降落伞
cut v. 剪切
symbolic adj. 象征性的
gesture n. 姿态
library n. 图书馆
card n. 卡片
listen v. 倾听;留心听
closely adv. 接近地
retailer n. 零售商
scream v. 尖声喊叫
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/445845.html