英语PK台 第145期:那些男孩女孩的小心思(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1 Jingjing: Xiao Gao, how's everything going with you and Jennifer?
京晶:小高,你和珍妮弗最近怎么样?
Xiao Gao: I'm not sure, she seems pretty happy, but she never says what's on her mind, so I don't know if she's really happy or not.
小高:我也不知道,她看起来挺高兴的,但是她从来不说自己到底在想什么,所以我也不知道她是不是真的开心。
Jingjing: Well, if she seems happy, then she probably is happy, just leave it at that. Girls don't want to be read like a book.
京晶:如果她看起来很开心,那么她很可能确实很开心。就这么简单。女孩子不喜欢自己的心思被人家轻易看穿。
Xiao Gao: Since you're a girl, can you give me some pointers on what girls want from a guy?
小高:既然你是一个女孩,你能不能给我一些小的提示,女孩子到底想要男生怎么做?
Jingjing: For starters, you should be a man of your word and always tell the truth.
京晶:首先你必须遵守承诺,而且决不能说谎。
Xiao Gao: I know that, anything else?
小高:嗯,这个我知道,其他的呢?
Jingjing: Also, girls don't like it if their boyfriends have too many friends who are girls.
京晶:还有,女孩子不希望自己的男朋友有太多的女性朋友。
Xiao Gao: But I'm a people person and have lots of friends, both guys and girls!
小高:但是我是一个人缘很好的人,我有很多朋友,男的女的都有!
Jingjing: Maybe you should cut back on spending time with other girls.
京晶:那么你应该减少和其他女孩儿相处的时间。
Xiao Gao: There's no way I could do that! Are you crazy?
小高:这怎么可能!你疯了吗?
Jingjing: Hey, you're the one who asked me for advice, remember? Besides,put yourself in her shoes, how would you feel if she had a lot of guy friends?
京晶:嘿,是你问我要建议的,你忘了吗?况且,换个立场来看,如果她有很多的男性朋友你会怎么想?
Xiao Gao: Yeah, you're right, I never thought about that… Okay, I'll be quiet now.
小高:嗯,你说得对,我从没想过这回事,好吧,我收回之前的话。
习语短语
1. say what's on your mind = 告诉某人你在想什么
2. Just leave it at that. = 说到这儿吧; 就这么简单,无需多解释。
3. read (someone) like a book = 可以准确猜透某人的心思或心情
4. pointers = 小建议
5. for starters = first of all 首先 (口头语)
6. man of one's word = 遵守承诺的人
7. people person =人缘好的人;善交际的人
8. cut back = 少做某事
9. No way. = 绝对不会。
10. put yourself in (someone's) shoes =站在别人的立场上看问题
11. guy friends = 男性朋友,不是“男朋友”
12. I'll be quiet now. = 我收回之前说的话;我之前错了 (口头语; 多用于当某人意识到自己以前说过的话并非事实的情况)。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446078.html |