英语PK台 第318期:到达世界之巅(在线收听) |
Track One I have just come back from two weeks cycling up in Tibet Adventure of a lifetime type experience - all the way to Everest Base Camp on a road bike.
我刚从为期两周的西藏骑行中归来,这是一生中难得的冒险——骑车直抵珠峰大本营。
Think we are the first group of road bikers ever to make it to Base Camp of Everest.
我认为我们是第一群骑自行车到达珠峰营地的人。
Just to go to Tibet in the first place was something I always wanted to do ever since I came to China.
去西藏看看是我来中国后就一直想做的事。
Pictures of these wonderful mountains and monasteries in the west of China.
(受那些)中国西部的美丽的高山大川和寺庙的图片(的影响)
Lhasa is already 3600 metres so you land and you already feel a bit light headed.
拉萨已是海拔3600米,因此你一着陆就会感觉到轻微的头晕。
You climb one flight of stairs in the hotel and you realise that was a surprising amount of effort.
你在酒店爬一段台阶就会发现这需要耗费相当量的体力。
We actually stayed at that elevation for six days.
我们在那个海拔停留了6天。
we looked around Lhasa and saw the Potala Palace and the other highlights.
我们在拉萨游览,去了布达拉宫,还游览了其他的著名景点。
We started cycling down the river from Lhasa eventually ending up in the far east of Tibet.
A place called Bayi
接下来我们开始骑车从拉萨沿江而下,最终到达藏区东部深处一个叫做八一镇的地方。
By doing that we were not climbing, we were sticking to the level and were acclimatising.
这样一来,我们并未爬升海拔,而是紧贴着水平高度以适应高原环境。
the fantastic thing was none of us got any altitude sickness.
可喜的是我们团队中没有一个发生高原反应的。
it was a real trip of two halves.
这其实是一个一分为二的旅行。
Going east it was the forests, rivers and probably more of the urbanisation that is happening in Tibet is happening there as well.
往东去可以看到森林,河流,或者也许会看到更多的城市化进程,就像如今西藏各处都在发生的城市面貌的改变。
Bayi is now a pretty big city - a lot of infrastructure going in.
八一镇现在是个挺大的城市了——很多基础设施都在建设中。
Whereas the second half we went up to the more familiar Shigatse, Gyantse. Where it was scrub, wonderful lakes, bare mountains.
而另一方面,我们去了我们更为熟知的日喀则,江孜镇。那里更加原始古朴,有美丽的湖泊,裸露的山峰。
The real familiar Tibetan dramatic skyline scenery.
它们是真正令人熟悉而又神奇美丽的西藏美景。
Track Two
Bayi does feel a long way from anywhere because it is already 400 kilometres east of Lhasa.
到达八一镇就感觉与其他地方相距甚远,因为它已经是拉萨往东400公里的地方了
The road that goes on to Chengdu was under repair.
通往成都的路正在修护过程中。
We had a go cycling up - there's a 4000 metre pass east of the city.
我们只得继续向上行进——城市东边有个4000米的垭口
Which was all unmade road, gravel - pretty difficult to get up.
那里到处是不成形的道路和碎石,很难走。
But the scenery around Bayi was really beautiful.
但是八一镇周边的风景格外美丽。
And because its a bit more humid some of it is a bit more Switzerland appearance. Cascading rivers, forests, jagged peaks, beautiful lakes.
而且,因为当地气候有些潮湿,使得它更有一点像是瑞士风光。如瀑布般流下的河水,森林,参差不齐的山峰,还有美丽的湖。
You just described what I just saw - this pass I went up I did not get beyond the tree line.
你刚好描述了我所看到的——沿着垭口上行,我没有骑到林木线上面
This was the first big climb we did so it was pretty hard work.
这是我们的第一次大幅度爬升,可想而知,十分艰难。
But one of the cyclists, he made it above the tree line - that is exactly what he said "Like Switzerland and the Alps on top".
但是我们其中一名队员超过了林木线——正如他所说的“从山顶看,就像瑞士和阿尔卑斯山”。
Lhasa - how many days did you spend there?
拉萨——你们在那儿驻留了多少天?
Four nights in total - two at the beginning, one half way and one right at the end.
总共4个晚上——起初的两晚,半道上一晚,最后一晚。
So we saw it in different stages of acclimatization.
它是我们适应环境的不同阶段
Did you go to any of the cafes in the Old Town or around the Barkhor Square
你去过老镇或八廓广场周边的咖啡店吗?
There was one brilliant coffee place we went to that served‘world standard'cappuccinos and things like that - exactly what you do not expect to have in somewhere like Lhasa.
那里有一个提供世界标准级卡布奇诺咖啡的地方——确实,那是你在拉萨那样的地方想也想不到的。
Barkhor Square in the old area is still a wonderful part of the city.
老城区的八廓广场仍然是城市中极好的地方。
I wish we had stayed longer there but I think we packed a huge amount into our twelve days.
我真希望我能在那里多呆一些时间,但是这12天里我们承载的东西已经太多,行程太满了。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446607.html |