英语PK台 第347期:和老外侃假期(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1 京晶和马克谈论国庆假期 Mark: Hey, Jingjing. How's it hanging? Did you have a good National Day?
马克:嘿,京晶,你怎么样?国庆节过得好吗?
Jingjing: I'm doing well, thanks. Yeah, I had a blast on my holiday.I spent time with friends and family. I couldn't ask for anything better!
京晶:我很好,谢谢。我的假期是与朋友和家人在一起度过的,非常开心,简直不能再幸福了!
Mark: Cool. You know, it seems like we haven't seen each other in ages. I can't believe a whole week has gone by already!
马克:酷,你知道,我们好像好久好久没见了。我不敢相信整整一个星期都已经过去了!
Jingjing: Yeah, I know what you mean. I was definitely happy to see you again after all this time. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. So what did you do on your holiday? Let me guess, you went to a park?
京晶:是啊,我明白你的意思。又能见到你我特别高兴,一日不见,如隔三秋(分开久了还挺想你的)。话说你假期做了什么呢?让我猜猜,你去了公园?
Mark: Actually, I did! How did you know?
马克:猜对了!你怎么知道的?
Jingjing: Honestly, I just took a shot in the dark.
京晶:说实话,我只是胡乱猜的。
Mark: Wow! You're amazing! Anyways, I went to a flower garden in Beijing to look at lavenders. It was a really great day.
马克:哇!你也太厉害了!嗯,我去了一个北京的花圃看薰衣草。那天过得特别开心。
Jingjing: So that's it? You went to a park to look at flowers? That doesn't sound like much fun.
京晶:就这样儿?你就去了一个公园看花?这听起来并不像很有趣的样子啊。
Mark: Well, I snapped lots of photos there too. And it wasn't just me at the park. There were tons of people there taking wedding photos.
马克:嗯,我还拍了很多照片。而且公园里不只有我,还有好多好多人在拍婚纱照。
Jingjing: Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. A lot of people get hitched during this holiday. Anyways, I gotta make like a tree and leave. I have some work waiting for me in the office.
京晶:是吧,这并不奇怪。很多人都赶在这个假日结婚。好了,我得走了。我还有一些工作等着我做呢。
Mark: Okay,I'll see ya later.
马克:好吧,回头见。
习语短语
How's it hanging?=[非正式] 你最近好吗?
have a blast=过了一段开心的时光
in ages=用来表达已经过去了很长一段时间
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.=两个人分开越久,他们就越想念对方,并希望看到对方。
take a shot in the dark=胡乱猜测
lavender=薰衣草
snap(photos)=拍(照片)
tons of=[俚语]很多
get hitched=结婚
make like a tree and leave=离开
Dialogue 2 马克京晶谈论万圣节装扮
Jingjing: Hey, Mark, I saw you staring into outer space. Just thought I'd come and say hello. What are you thinking about?
京晶:嘿,马克,我看你一直盯着天空发呆。就想过来和你打个招呼。你在想什么呢?
Mark: Oh, hey, Jingjing. Yeah, I was just thinking about what I'm going to be for Halloween.
马克:哦,嘿,京晶。我只是在想万圣节要扮成什么。
Jingjing: Hallo-what?
京晶:万,什么?
Mark: Halloween. It's held on October 31 every year. I was invited to a costume party, so I have to choose a costume.
马克:万圣节,每年的10月31日。今年我被邀请去参加一个化妆舞会,所以我必须选择一套服装。
Jingjing: Well, you look pretty scary already, just go as yourself!
京晶:你本人看起来已经很吓人了,就这样直接去就好了!
Mark: I'm serious, quit clowning around with me.
马克:别胡闹,我是认真的。
Jingjing: Well, you could dress up as a fire man. What do you think about that?
京晶:嗯,你可以装扮成一个消防员。你觉得怎么样?
Mark: That's lame. I was thinking about something more original, like an alien or something.
马克:太逊了。我在想一些更有创意的,像外星人什么的。
Jingjing: Cool, you won't have to change much.
京晶:酷,那你根本不需要做太多改变。
Mark: Hey! That's not very nice! I don't have to put up with that.
马克:嘿!我生气了啊!太过分了。
Jingjing: Haha, I'm just joking, geez! Just be whatever you want. I'm sure you'll have a good time no matter what you choose to wear.
京晶:哈哈,我只是开玩笑而已,依照你自己的想法去做就好啦。我敢肯定,不管你选择扮成什么,都会玩得很开心。
习语短语
stare into outer space=凝视天空;发呆
What are you going to be for Halloween?=[固定问法]用来问别人万圣节会装扮成什么。
costume party=化妆舞会,每个人都必须装扮起来
costume=一套装扮,让你看起来像一个不同的人;戏服
quit clowning around=别胡闹,是认真的!
lame=无趣;无聊;平淡
alien=外星人
put up with=容忍 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446653.html |