英语PK台 第363期:从ABC开始扔掉字幕看《老友记》(84)(在线收听) |
地点:中央公园咖啡馆 人物:乔伊,莫妮卡,瑞秋,钱德勒
事件:乔伊来找莫妮卡借车,他要去别的州买彩票,莫妮卡想要跟他同去。
Joey: Monica, hey, can I borrow the Porsche?
乔伊:莫妮卡,嘿,我能借你的保时捷吗?
Monica: OK.
莫妮卡:好的。
Joey: Alright!
乔伊:太棒了!
Monica: But um, what is it not?
莫妮卡:但是,呃,明令禁止做什么?
Joey: A place to entertain my lady friends.
乔伊:不能在车里和女孩子亲热。
Monica: And what else is it not?
莫妮卡:还有呢?
Joey: A place to eat spaghetti.
乔伊:不准在车里吃意大利面。
Monica: Very good! What do you need it for anyway?
莫妮卡:非常好!你用车干嘛?
Joey: Oh well, the Powerball lottery is up to 300 million and they don't sell tickets here in New York, so...
乔伊:哦,“强力球乐透彩”奖金累积到3亿了,而且纽约没得卖,所以……
Rachel: Oh! So you're driving up to Connecticut?
瑞秋:哦!所以你要开车去康涅狄格州?
Joey: Yeah Connecticut, not West Virginia.
乔伊:对,是康涅狄格州,不是西弗吉尼亚州。
Monica: Hey, maybe I'll drive you up there! I'd like to buy some tickets myself!
莫妮卡:嘿,我开车送你去好了!我也想买点彩票。
Joey: Ooh!
乔伊:哦!
Monica: Yeah with Chandler not getting paid, we could really use 300 million dollars.
莫妮卡:是啊,钱德勒不挣钱,3亿美元够花一阵子的。
Chandler: Yeah, because if I was at my old job we'd say 300 million? No thank you!
钱德勒:对,如果我有工作,就会说“3亿美元?不用了,谢谢!”
Phoebe: Will you get me tickets too?
菲比:你可以帮我买吗?
Rachel: Yeah me too. oh! I have an idea. Why don't we all pitch in 50 bucks, we'll pool our money together and then if we win, we'll split it!
瑞秋:对啊,我也要,我有个主意:我们一人拿出50块钱一起买,如果我们中奖大家平分!
Everyone almost simultaneously except Ross: Yeah that's a great idea!
所有人(除了罗斯大家一起说):这主意不错!
Ross: No thanks!
罗斯:不用,谢了!
Phoebe: You don't wanna win the lottery?
菲比:你不想要中彩票吗?
Ross: Uh...sure I do, and I also wanna be King of my own country and find out what happened to Amelia Earhart.
罗斯:我当然想。我还想当国王呢,我还想知道阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特怎么了。
Chandler: Still on Amelia Earhart?
钱德勒:还在想那个女飞行员吗?
Ross: The woman just vanished!
罗斯:那女人就那样消失了!
Joey: Seriously, Ross, you don't want in on this?
乔伊:说真的,你真的不加入吗?
Ross: No! Do you know what your odds are of winning the lottery? I...I mean you have a better chance of being struck by lightning 42 times.
罗斯:不要,你们知道中彩票的机率有多大吗,比你被雷劈四十二次的机率还小!
Chandler: Yes but there's six of us so we'd only have to get struck 7 times.
钱德勒:但是我们有六个人,所以我们只需要被打到七次。
Joey: I like those odds!
乔伊:我喜欢这种几率! |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446788.html |