英语PK台 第367期:单身节冒雪约会冻成狗(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Jingjing: Hey, Mark. How did Singles' Day go? I forgot to ask you about it.
  京晶:嘿,马克。我忘了问你了,你光棍节过得如何呀?
  Mark: What's Singles' Day?
  马克:什么是光棍节?
  jingjing: It's November 11 of every year. Think about it, November is the eleventh month, and on the eleventh day there are four ones in the date. It represents singles.
  京晶:就是每年的11月11日。想想看,11月是第十一个月份,11号这天正是四个1构成的日期,它代表单身。
  Mark: Oh, well, that explains why there were so many single ladies walking in the park on that day. In fact, I was just about to head out the door. I have a date with a girl I met at the park that day!
  马克:哦,这就解释了为什么那天有这么多的单身女孩在自己逛公园。话说,我今天跟那天在公园遇见的一个女孩有个约会,正要出门呢!
  Jingjing: Wait wait wait, really? I want details!
  京晶:等等等等,真的吗?求细节!
  Mark: I wish I could, but she's gonna be here any minute to pick me up. Oh, speak of the devil! She's here now.
  马克:我也想,但她随时可能会过来接我。哈,说曹操曹操到!她到了。
  Jingjing: Oh, my gosh! That's great. Tell me her name!
  京晶:哦,我的天哪!太好了。快告诉我她的名字!
  Mark: Her name's Poppy. Anyways, I really gotta get rolling.
  马克:她的名字叫波碧。好啦,我真的得走啦。
  Jingjing: Okay, okay. I'll catch you later. Take care and have fun!
  京晶:好吧,好吧。回头再聊,好好玩!
  Mark: Bye!
  马克:嗯,好!
  习语短语
  single=单身
  head out the door=离开;出发
  I want details!=快告诉我所有细节!
  any minute=很快,随时
  speak of the devil=说曹操曹操到
  get rolling=离开;出发
  Dialogue 2
  Jingjing: Oh,my gosh, Mark! You made it home in one piece! I was worried sick about you! What happened?
  京晶:哦,我的天哪,马克!你终于安全到家了!我担心死了!到底发生什么事了?
  Mark: (sniff sniff, cough cough) I was walking around the park with Poppy when suddenly the weather became terrible. I didn't expect it to get so cold so quickly.
  马克:(呼哧呼哧,咳嗽咳嗽)我正和波碧在公园溜达,突然天气就变坏了。我没想到天会冷得这么快。
  Jingjing: Mark! What were you thinking? You should have bundled up before you went outside. The weatherman said it was going to snow 10 inches tonight.
  京晶:马克!你怎么想的?你应该多穿点儿。气象员说今晚会下10英寸厚的大雪。
  Mark: Yeah. It turned into a blizzard! Anyways, the car wouldn't start when it was time to leave. I spent about 30 minutes in the bitter cold trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally, we ended up calling a tow truck.
  马克:是的。真的下了暴风雪!要离开的时候车子就是无法启动。我在严寒中修车修了30分钟试图找出问题。最后没办法,还是叫了一辆拖车。
  Jingjing: Well, I'm glad you're okay. But it seems like you're a little under the weather now.
  京晶:我很高兴你没事。但你现在似乎有点儿不舒服。
  Mark: I think I'll be okay. My hands are numb though.
  马克:我想应该没事,就是我的手都冻麻了。
  Jingjing: Really? Quick! Run your hands under cold water right now. You might have frost bite.
  京晶:真的吗?快!把你的手在冷水里冲一会。你可能被冻伤了。
  Mark: Okay okay. (Mark runs his hands under cold water.) Ahhh, that feels much better.
  马克:好吧,好吧。(马克在冷水里冲手。)哎呀,这下感觉好多了。
  Jingjing: See, I told you that would help. Now go upstairs and hit the sack. You need to get some rest.
  京晶:你看,我就说这么做会有用吧。现在快上楼睡觉吧。你需要好好休息一下。
  Mark: Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
  马克:好吧,我们明天再聊。谢谢你的帮助!
  Jingjing: Don't mention it!
  京晶:客气什么,晚安!
  习语短语
  make it home in one piece=安全到达
  worried sick=担心死了,非常担心
  bundle up=穿很多御寒的衣服
  blizzard=暴雪
  bitter cold=极冷的天气
  tow truck=拖车
  under the weather=生病,身体不适
  numb=麻木,没有感觉
  frost bite=冻伤,冻僵了
  hit the sack=睡觉,就寝
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446792.html