英语PK台 第372期:厨房杀手,不会做饭不是朋友(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Jingjing: The food's almost ready, Mark. Are you hungry?
  京晶:饭快做好了,马克。你饿了吗?
  Mark: Am I? I'm starving to death. I feel like I could eat a horse.
  马克:饿了吗?我快饿死了。我觉得我现在可以吞下一匹马。
  Jingjing: Well, good, I've whipped up a batch of double fudge chocolate chip cookies for you.
  京晶:很好,我烤了一批特浓巧克力曲奇饼给你吃。
  Mark: Ohhhhh, my mouth is watering. I've been thinking about food ever since I got home from work today.
  马克:哇塞,我要流口水啦。自从今天下班回到家我就一直想吃东西来着。
  Jingjing: Face it, you can't get food off your mind, Mark. Everyday you get home from work it's the same old story: you want me to get in the kitchen and fix you something to eat.
  京晶:承认吧,马克,你脑子里天天就想着吃东西的事。你每天下班回家都一样:想要我去厨房给你弄点儿什么吃的。
  Mark: Come on, do you really expect me to cook some food? My cooking is dangerous, you know that. You've tried it before! Besides, I think women should do the cooking, not men!
  马克:拜托,难道你真的希望我去煮饭吃吗?我的厨艺太糟糕了,你知道的。你不是已经尝试过了吗?而且,我认为做饭是女人应该做的事,不是男人该做的!
  Jingjing: That's bull! Just because you're a guy and I'm a girl doesn't mean that I have to do the cooking! I've had it up to here with you! From now on, I think you should cook for me. If you think it's so easy, then you try it!
  京晶:胡说!就因为你是男的我是女的,我就得去做饭吗?我受够了!从现在开始,你要给我做饭。如果你觉得做饭那么容易的话,那你试试吧!
  Mark: Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Tomorrow I'll make dinner for you.
  马克:好吧,好吧。对不起,明天我会给你做饭的。
  Jingjing: Great, I look forward to it.
  京晶:太好了,我很期待。
  习语短语
  I'm starving to death.=我快饿死了(注意,这并不意味着你真的要死了。)
  I could eat a horse.=我现在可以吞下一匹马,用来表达极度的饥饿。
  whip up (some food)=做出食物(通常很快,不会太麻烦)
  My mouth is watering.=我流口水了。
  can't get something off one's mind=不能停止想某事
  It's the same old story.=总是……,指一个事件或情况频繁出现;通常在抱怨时用。
  My cooking is dangerous.=我是一个糟糕的厨师;我做饭不好吃。
  That's bull!=胡说!
  I've had it up to here.=我已经受够了,不能忍受下去了。
  from now on=从现在开始
  Dialogue 2
  Mark: Hi, Jingjing, perfect timing. I was just finishing dinner. Why don't you go pop a squat over there in the dining room. I'll go put the dinner on the table.
  马克:嗨,京晶,你来的正是时候。我刚刚做完晚餐。你不如先去饭厅坐一下吧。我马上就上菜。
  Jingjing: (Sniff Sniff) What's that burning smell? Is something on fire?
  京晶:(嗅嗅闻闻)怎么有烧焦的气味?是什么着火了么?
  Mark: Oh, that's probably fish. I was running low on time so I put it in the microwave instead. It looks like I over did it. Ooops.
  马克:哦,可能是鱼。时间来不及了,所以我把它放在微波炉里加热了。哎呀,貌似有点儿热过头了。
  Jingjing: Mark! You're not supposed to nuke fish in the microwave! What's wrong with you?
  京晶:马克!怎么能在微波炉里热鱼呢!我真是服了你了!
  Mark: Don't worry. I've made more than one dish. Here, try these: I call it “potato chip delight”.
  马克:别担心。我做了不止一个菜。来尝尝这个:我把它叫做“开心薯片”。
  Jingjing: Potato chip delight? Mark, all you did was open up a bag of chips and put them on a plate. You call this cooking?
  京晶:开心薯片?马克,你所做的就是打开一包薯片,然后把它们倒在一个盘子里。你这叫做饭吗?
  Mark: Hey, give me a break, I'm new to cooking, okay? If you don't like the potato chips, then you can just start eating the ice cream I made. Here, try this.
  马克:嘿,饶了我吧,我是新手好吗?如果你不喜欢薯片,那你可以吃我做的冰淇淋。在这里,尝尝。
  Jingjing: Ice cream? This isn't ice cream! All you did was chop up some ice and threw it in a glass of milk.
  京晶:冰淇淋?这哪是冰淇淋啊!你就是剁了一些冰块然后把它们扔到一杯牛奶里。
  Mark: Hey, I put sugar in there too. I skipped some of the directions because they were a little over my head. Look, if worse comes to worst I'll just order us a pizza.
  马克:嘿,我还加糖了呢。我跳过了一些步骤,因为实在是太复杂了,我根本看不懂。这样吧,实在不行我们就订披萨吃吧。
  Jingjing: Here, you can use my cell phone. Please, I beg you, order one now!
  京晶:这里,你可以用我的手机。拜托,我求求你,还是赶紧订披萨吧!
  习语短语
  perfect timing=来的正是时候
  pop a squat=[俚语] 坐下
  over do something=做……过头了
  nuke=用微波炉加热
  potato chip=薯片,土豆片
  You call this (something)?=你也能管这个叫……?(我完全不满意……)
  give me a break=饶了我吧
  chop up=剁成小块
  over one's head=过于困难或复杂,不明白
  If worse comes to worst...=实在不行, 到了万不得已的时候……
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446796.html