英语PK台 第377期:冬天太美,陪我去滑雪吧!(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Mark: Woo hoo! I heard it's gonna snow today. I'm so excited!
  马克:哎呀呀!听说今天会下雪。我太激动了!
  Jingjing: Yeah, me too! Look outside! It's starting to flurry already.
  京晶:是啊,我也是!嘿,看外面!已经开始飘雪花啦。
  Mark: You're right! Okay, so what do you feel like doing first?
  马克:真的耶!那么,你想先做什么?
  Jingjing: I wanna run outside and make a snow angel!
  京晶:我想跑出去做雪天使!
  Mark: That's boring! I think we should have a snow ball fight! Come on! It'll be fun.
  马克:太没创意了吧!我觉得我们应该打雪仗!来吧!这会很有趣的。
  Jingjing: The snow's not thick enough for a snow ball fight. We'll have to wait a few hours.
  京晶:但是积雪还不够厚。我们还得等几个小时。
  Mark: Okay. I tell you what, you go make a snow angel, and I'll make us some hot chocolate for us. It'll be ready when you come back inside.
  马克:好吧,那这样吧,你去做雪天使,我来给我们准备一些热巧克力。等你回来的时候就可以喝了。
  Jingjing: Deal!
  京晶:成交!
  习语短语
  flurry=非常小的雪(就像在谈到雨时说的“毛毛细雨”)
  What do you feel like doing?=你想要做什么?这里feel like指“喜欢”。
  make a snow angel=做一个雪天使 (躺在雪地上,然后将你的手臂和腿内外滑动。当你站起来时,就会看到留下了一个类似于天使的印记)
  snow ball fight=打雪仗
  Dialogue 2
  A few hours later, Jingjing and Mark are still having fun on this snowy day.
  几个小时后,京晶和马克仍在享受下雪天的乐趣。
  Mark: Holy cow! The snow is really coming down hard now!
  马克:哇塞!雪现在真的下大了!
  Jingjing: I know! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
  京晶:是呀!你现在跟我想的一样么?
  Mark: Yeah! Let's order a pizza! I'm starving!
  马克:是啊!我们订个比萨吧!我快饿死了!
  Jingjing: That's not what I was thinking actually…
  京晶:其实这不是我在想的……
  Mark: Oh?
  马克:哦?
  Jingjing: I was gonna see if you were up for going sledding?
  京晶:我是在想,你想不想去滑雪橇?
  Mark: I'd love to, but last year my sled broke. Hey, how about we just rent a toboggan instead?
  马克:我很想去,但去年我的雪橇坏了。嘿,我们去租个雪橇怎么样?
  Jingjing: Rent a toboggan? Are you paying?
  京晶:租雪橇?你付钱啊?
  Mark: How about we go half and half?
  马克:我们一人一半怎么样?
  Jingjing: Fine, let's go!
  京晶:好的,我们走吧!
  习语短语
  Holy cow!=由于兴奋或惊异说出的话,类似“哇塞”!
  up for (something)=打算
  go sledding=滑雪橇
  toboggan=雪橇,长型平底轻质雪橇(通常由薄板制成,一端向上弯曲,两侧有扶手)
  go half and half=分摊支付
  Dialogue 3
  Jingjing and Mark have just reached the top of a big, snow-covered hill.
  京晶和马克来到了大雪覆盖的山顶。
  Jingjing: Wow, this is a great spot!
  京晶:哟,这个地方不错!
  Mark: Yeah, it is. I' ve already forgotten our tiring trudge up this snowy hill.
  马克:是啊,真美。我都忘了一路跋涉上一座雪山多么令人疲惫。
  Jingjing: You're telling me. I'm the one who dragged the toboggan most of the way.
  京晶:可不是吗?我可是一路上负责把雪橇拖上来的那个人。
  Mark: And you're the one who said it was wonky for two people to tug.
  马克:你也是那个说两个人拖雪橇会摇摇晃晃拿不稳的那个人。
  Jingjing: Oh, so it's my fault, is it?
  京晶:哦,那是我的错咯?嗯?
  Mark: Hey, take a chill pill. How about you ride in front. I'll use my extra energy to give us a running start and a good push.
  马克:别生气,那你坐前面怎么样?我来用剩余的力气推一把我们的雪橇让它跑起来吧。
  Jingjing: That'd even things out between us. Let's get a move on.
  京晶:这还差不多,那我们就扯平了。开始吧!
  Mark: Ok, are you all set? Don't dig your heels into the snow. Keep them on the sled for steering.
  马克:好的,你准备好了吗?别让鞋踩到雪地了,让它们都踩在雪橇上,方便驾驶。
  Jingjing: This isn't that kind of toboggan. But I'll keep my arms and legs in the vehicle at all times.
  京晶:这不是那种雪橇啦,不过我也会随时随地保持手脚不离雪橇。
  Mark: Let's see how fast this thing can go. Hold on tight!
  马克:让我们看看这玩意能跑多快,扶好了!
  习语短语
  Snow-covered=白雪覆盖的
  trudge up a hill=跋涉上山
  You're telling me=还用你说,完全同意
  wonky=摇晃的,不稳的
  Tug=拉、拽、扯
  take a chill pill=冷静下来
  That'd even things out between us=我们扯平了
  Steering=掌舵
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446803.html