英语PK台 第381期:英语中的否定转移(2)(在线收听) |
1. 在表示“看法”的谓语动词上的否定形式,语义上却是否定后面的宾语从句。此类动词有:think, believe, suppose, imagine, expect, anticipate, fancy, consider, find, guess, be supposed to, calculate, figure, reckon。 I don't believe I've met you before.
我认为我没有见过你。
I don't think you will be late.
我认为你不会迟到。
I don't suppose he cares, does he?
我看他不在乎,对吧?
He doesn't expect we need worry.
他认为我们不必着急。
I don't reckon she is old enough to go to school.
我认为她还没到上学的年纪。
上述表示“看法”或“判断”的动词出现以下情况时,其否定不发生转移:
(1)用作插入语时,否定不转移:
Li Lei, I think, won't be angry with you.
我想李蕾不会生你的气。
Tom, I suppose, won't be against it.
我猜想汤姆不会反对。
(2)这些动词跟其他另一个动词一起作并列谓语时:
I believe and hope he won't do that.
我相信并且也希望他将不会那样做。
(3)用于疑问句时:
Do you think it is not going to rain?
你认为天不会下雨吗?
(4)主句中添加情态动词 can't, mustn't, wouldn't时:
You mustn't think he's stupid.
你不应该认为他愚蠢。
I wouldn't have imagined that you would be here.
我不曾想到你会在这儿。
I can't imagine how he could survive that car accident.
我想象不出在那次车祸中他是怎样活命的。
(5)think, expect 作“料想”讲时:
I didn't expect I'd meet you here.
我没料到会在这里碰上你。
We didn't think he is such a selfish man.
我们没料到他是这样一个自私的人。
(6)suppose, think 用于祈使句式或被副词修饰时:
Don't suppose you have passed the exam, for this is only a part of the exam.
别以为你通过了考试,这仅仅是考试的一部分。
I simply don't think you will give me a hand when I'm in difficulty.
我根本不指望你在我困难的时候能帮助我。
I really don't think it's necessary for us to go there now.
我的确不认为我们有必要去那儿。
I feel strongly that he shouldn't do such a thing.
我强烈地认为他不应该做那样的事。
(7)上述动词所接的宾语从句中如有all, every, many, both 等表全体意义的词或副词时:
I don't believe both of them are innocent.
我不相信他们两个都是清白的。
I never expect all the students will do the exercises after classes.
我从不抱希望于所有学生都会在课外做作业。
We don't consider everybody in our class is interested in this topic.
我们并不认为班里的每个人都对这个话题感兴趣。
(8)由于cannot help, ought not, need not, not at all 等短语的关系而把I think 隔离:
I should have thought sometimes you couldn't help thinking of the past.
我应该想到你会禁不住想起过去。
I think you ought not to walk at night alone, Mrs. Moore.
我认为您不该夜晚独自出行,摩尔女士。
I think you need not be impolite to her,as well as to her son.
我认为你不必对她不礼貌,也不必对他的孩子如此。
"I think the angel are not at all in heaven." Mr. Esmond said.
Esmond先生说:“我不相信天堂里有天使。”
2. 在表示“感觉”的谓语动词上的否定形式,语义上却否定表语部分。此类动词有:appear, seem, feel, sound, taste, smell, as if, feel, look ,sound, feel like, look like。
The old streets don't appear deserted. ( not deserted.)
老街看样子还没被废弃。
I'm not feeling very well today. My head aches. ( not very well...)
我今天感到不怎么舒服,头痛。
The food doesn't taste fresh. ( not fresh...)
食物尝起来不鲜。
It doesn't seem that they know where to go.
看来他们不知道往哪去。
It doesn't appear that we'll have a sunny day tomorrow.
看来我们明天不会碰上好天气。
3. seem, prove, happen 与不定式构成复合谓语,形式上否定谓语,语义上否定不定式。
The president didn't happen to attend that meeting. (happen not to attend...)
董事长碰巧没参加那次会议。
Your answer doesn't seem to be right. (seem not to be... )
你的答案看起来似乎不正确。
Jack doesn't seem to like you. (=Jack seems not to like you.)
杰克看来不喜欢你。
The news didn't seem to be true.
这个消息好象并不是真的。
4. pretend, remember 的宾语为非谓语动词时,形式上否定谓语,语义上否定宾语,即非谓语动词。
My Italian friend didn't pretend to see her tutor in the dining room. (pretend not to see...)
我的意大利朋友在餐厅里假装没看见她导师。
I couldn't remember having carried my wallet out. (否定having...)
我记得不曾带钱包出门。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446807.html |