英语PK台 第394期:怕热闹VS怕孤独(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Jingjing: Hey, Mark. You looked a little lonely, so I thought I'd come talk to you.
  京晶:嘿,马克。你看起来有点儿孤单,所以我过来和你聊聊天。
  Mark: Lonely? You couldn't see that I had my head in a book? I was enjoying reading until you came by and ruined it!
  马克:孤单?你看不出我正沉浸在这本书里吗?我刚一直在享受阅读的过程,直到你来并毁了一切!
  Jingjing: Well, geez. Take a chill pill. I was just trying to be a good friend.
  京晶:哦,天啊。冷静点儿,我只是想做一个好朋友该做的事情。
  Mark: Well, I'm an introvert. People like me need a lot of alone time.
  马克:我是内向性格。像我这样的人需要很多独处的时间。
  Jingjing: You're a what?
  京晶:你是什么?
  Mark: An introvert! Our thoughts and energy are directed inwards. We're quieter than extraverts.
  马克:内向的人!我们的思想和精力都指向内部。我们比外向的人更安静。
  Jingjing: Oh, so does it drive you crazy when I come and talk to you?
  京晶:哦,所以当我来找你说话时,你就发疯了吗?
  Mark: Nah. But sometimes I really do need to be alone. The problem is that it's hard to let extraverts know that I want to be alone without hurting their feelings.
  马克:没有。但有时我真的需要独处。问题是,很难既让外向的人知道我想一个人待着又不伤害他们的感情。
  Jingjing: Well, now I understand so it's cool. What else do you struggle with?
  京晶:嗯,现在我理解你了就没问题了。你还有什么苦恼吗?
  人待着又不伤害他们的感情。
  Mark: I have to make sure I verbalize my thoughts as much as I can.
  马克:我得记着尽可能多地用语言来表达我的想法。
  Jingjing: Ha! I have no problem saying what's on my mind!
  京晶:哈!我想什么就说什么,完全没问题!
  Mark: Yeah, I've noticed. Oh, and the other thing is that I have to remember to socialize.
  马克:是,我已经注意到了。哦,还有,我还得记得多去社交。
  Jingjing: Geez! You say that like it's a chore. I love socializing. Speaking of which, what do you say I take you to the club tonight? You can do some socializing there.
  京晶:天啊!你把它说得像一个苦差事似的。我最喜欢社交了。既然说到这儿了,今晚我带你去夜店吧?你可以社交一下。
  Mark: Sounds fun, let's do it.
  马克:听起来很有趣,就这么定了。
  习语短语
  have one's head in a book=沉浸在一本书里,忘记了周围的一切
  take a chill pill=冷静下来;放松
  alone time=独处的时间
  It's cool.=不用担心;我很好;不要紧。
  verbalize=用语言表达
  say what's on one's mind=说出某人在想什么
  do (something) like it's a chore=做(某事)就像是一个苦差事似的;不喜欢做某事,但必须这样做Dialogue 2
  Jingjing and Mark are on their way to the club.
  京晶和马克在去夜店的路上。
  Jingjing: This is gonna be so much fun, Mark. We haven't been to the club in forever!
  京晶:今天肯定会特别好玩儿的,马克。我们都好久没去夜店了!
  Mark: I hope so. I'm a little shy though.
  马克:我希望如此。但我还是有点儿害羞。
  Jingjing: Awww. Don't worry. I'll be sure to dance with you there.
  京晶:噢,别担心,我一定会陪你一起跳舞的。
  Mark: Life must be a breeze being an extravert, huh?
  马克:做一个外向的人肯定很轻松吧?
  Jingjing: Think again! It's rough when you always need someone to talk to. I'll go completely crazy if I don't talk to anyone for a long enough period of time. The only problem is: sometimes I just about talk the other person's ear off.
  京晶:你错了!总是需要找人倾诉其实很不容易。如果我很长时间找不到人说话,我会彻底疯了的。这样问题就来了:有时我说太多话会使他人厌烦。
  Mark: Haha, I wish I had that problem.
  马克:哈哈,我倒希望我也有这个问题。
  Jingjing: You know? It's so strange. Extraverts recharge and get their energy from spending time with people, while introverts recharge and get their energy by being alone.
  京晶:这真奇特啊,外向的人要通过花时间与他人相处来补充他们的能量,而性格内向的人则要通过与自己相处来充电。
  Mark: Well, here we are. Don't forget to dance with me, okay?
  马克:我们到了。不要忘了跟我跳舞,好吗?
  Jingjing: Don't worry, I'm not gonna leave you hanging! Let's go!
  京晶:别担心,我不会抛弃你的!我们走吧!
  习语短语
  in forever=指很长一段时间(夸张)
  shy=害羞
  breeze=容易;不难
  Think again!=你错了!
  rough=困难
  talk someone's ear off=说太多话,使他人厌烦
  leave someone hanging=抛弃某人;不理睬某人
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446820.html