英语PK台 第399期:你的生活黄金准则(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Jingjing: Wow, Mark, looks like you've put on some pounds since I last saw you.
  京晶:哇,马克,你看起来比我上次见到你时胖了些啊。
  Mark: Yep, I'll admit, I haven't been eating very healthy lately. I've been burning the candle at both ends at work lately. My boss has me working till almost 10:00 every night.
  马克:是的,我承认,我最近吃得不太健康,而且一直在熬夜工作。我的老板几乎每天晚上都让我工作到10点。
  Jingjing: Well, I suggest you live by some guidelines in order to maintain your health.
  京晶:嗯,我给你几条建议,来保持健康。
  Mark: Oh, yeah? Like what?
  马克:哦?比如说?
  Jingjing: Well, you should make some golden rules for yourself, such as always eating at least three meals a day and getting good rest on a daily basis.
  京晶:你应该给自己制定一些黄金法则,比如每天至少吃三餐,并且保证良好的睡眠。
  Mark: It's easier said than done. I've tried the past couple of months to eat healthy, but I just can't do it.
  马克:这谈何容易。我过去的几个月一直在尝试吃得健康,但我就是做不到啊。
  Jingjing: You know what they say: trying is dying. Just do it! Come on, you're not the only one who works long hours. If I can do it, so can you. I can't stress the importance of sleep enough. When I wake up in the morning, I feel like a million dollars.
  京晶:人们常说:光尝试是不够的,必须全力去做!加油,你不是唯一一个加班工作的人。如果我能做到,你也可以。睡眠最重要了,无论怎么强调都不为过。每当我睡了个好觉早晨醒来的时候,那感觉简直棒极了。
  Mark: Okay, I get the point. Starting right now, I'm gonna get back on the grind.
  马克:好吧,我明白了。现在开始,我要坚持下去。
  Jingjing: Well, you'll have to let me know how it goes. You won't be disappointed!
  京晶:你得让我知道你的进展啊。效果一定不会让你失望的!
  习语短语
  put on some pounds=长胖
  burn the candle at both ends=日夜上班,熬夜加班
  live by=遵守;遵循(规则或原则)
  It's easier said than done.=这谈何容易,站着说话不腰疼。
  Trying is dying.=尝试还不够,你要真正做到这一点!
  I can't stress the importance of (something) enough.=某事无论怎么强调都不为过,用来强调某事的重要性。
  I feel like a million dollars.=我感觉棒极了。
  on the grind=(形成)固定的规律
  Dialogue 2
  Mark and Jingjing are standing in line at the movie theater.
  马克和京晶在电影院排队买票。
  Mark: This movie is gonna be sweet. All of my friends said it was great.
  马克:这部电影肯定很棒。我所有的朋友看过都说好。
  Jingjing: Oh, that reminds me. Would you mind spotting me a couple of bucks for the movie ticket? I'm running a little low on cash right now.
  京晶:噢,你刚好提醒我了。你能不能借我点儿钱买电影票?我最近缺钱。
  Mark: Well well well. You always harp on me about being irresponsible with my money. I think you need to practice what you preach.
  马克:哎呦喂,你平时总是批评我花钱不节制,原来你自己也没做到啊。
  Jingjing: Hold it right there. I do practice what I preach. It's just that today is a little different. School is just beginning and I spent a fortune on my books recently. One of my golden rules is: study comes first.
  京晶:谁说的?我做到了呀。只是今天有点儿不同。因为学校刚刚开学,我花了好多钱来买书。我的一条黄金法则就是:学习永远是第一位的。
  Mark: Wow, I never thought I would see the day when you actually asked to borrow money from me. After all, it was you that I learned the quote: a penny saved is a penny earned.
  马克:哇,我从来没有想过有一天你会问我借钱。毕竟我是从你那儿学到了:能省一点儿是一点儿。
  Jingjing: Well, now you can learn from me that studying hard is important and should come before having fun.
  京晶:好了,你现在又学到一点:学习永远比享乐更重要。
  Mark: Thanks for the valuable lesson. Now let's go see that movie, shall we?
  马克:感谢您又给我上了宝贵的一课。现在我们能去看电影了吗?
  Jingjing: Yes, we shall!
  京晶:走!
  习语短语
  spot=借给
  harp on(someone)=批评别人
  practice what you preach=如果你要求别人如何做,你自己也应该做到;以身作则
  Hold it right there.=谁说的?当你不同意别人的说法时做出的回应。
  spend a fortune=支出很多钱
  A penny saved is a penny earned.=每省下一分钱就是赚了一分钱,强调节约用钱的重要性。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446825.html