英语PK台 第408期:公司年终会议(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1 Jingjing and Mark are attending an end of the year meeting.
京晶和马克在出席年终会议。
Mark: Okay, it looks like we're all here now. First things first, I'd like to introduce some new members to our team: Mr. Sei will be acting as our new business development officer.
马克:好了,看起来人都到齐了。首先,我想介绍一些新加入我们团队的成员:塞先生,他将担任我们新的业务发展主任。
Jingjing: It's nice to have you here, Sei. I heard you're bringing loads of new contacts with you from your previous job. This is a big plus for our company.
京晶:很高兴有你加入,塞先生。我听说你从以前的工作中带来了好多新的联系人。这是我们公司的一大福利。
Mark: Next, I'd like to introduce Ms. Wateringsweet. She is going to be our new treasurer. If you have any questions about how our company is handling its money, you can ask her.
马克:接下来,我想介绍一下沃特琳斯威特女士。她将担任我们新的财务主管。如果您有关于我们公司财务的任何问题,都可以询问她。
Jingjing: Okay, without further ado, let's get this meeting started!
京晶:好的,我们言归正传开始我们今天的会议吧!
习语短语
first things first=首先
business development officer=业务发展主任
loads of=很多
a big plus=一大优势
treasurer=财务主管,出纳
without further ado=没有任何拖延;言归正传
Dialogue 2
Jingjing and Mark are in the middle of the meeting.
京晶和马克都在开会中。
Mark: Okay, moving on, I'd like to talk to you about some new marketing strategies for next year. Usually, our colleague, Jacky Wu, would be presenting this topic, but he's away on a business trip.
马克:好,我们继续,接下来我想谈谈明年新的营销策略。正常情况下,应该是我们的同事杰克·吴先生阐述这个话题,但他目前在出差。
Jingjing: He's done a lot of work for our company this year. I'm interested to know what he has in store for 2017.
京晶:他今年为我们公司做了很多工作,我很想知道他在2017有什么计划。
Mark: Well, he's suggested that we increase our marketing budget by 15%. This will give us an edge on our competitors.
马克:嗯,他建议我们增加15%的营销预算。这将有助于提高我们的竞争优势。
Jingjing: Wait, I just want to make sure we're on the same page here. Do you mean that we will be spending 15% more on marketing than we did this year?
京晶:等等,我想确保一下我的理解正确。你的意思是,我们将比今年在市场营销上多支出15%?
Mark: That's right. As you know, a lot of other companies are in the same boat as us. They've been struggling to attract new customers.
马克:是的。如你所知,有很多其他的公司都在和我们竞争。他们一直在竭尽全力吸引新客户。
Jingjing: Interesting. Okay, can I have the floor now? I want to talk about another awesome change for 2017.
京晶:有意思。好吧,我现在可以开始讲话了吗?我想谈谈2017年的另一个变化。
Mark: It's all yours.
马克:请!
Jingjing: Well, I'm proud to say that we will be implementing micro radio in 2017. It's gonna be a big game changer for us.
京晶:嗯,我很自豪地宣布,我们将在2017年实现微型电台的应用,这将是一个巨大的颠覆。
Mark: Yes, that's right. This is perhaps the most exciting part of the New Year. How about this, let's break for lunch, when we return you can give us a detailed explanation of how this is gonna work?
马克:是的。这也许是新的一年最值得期待的部分了。这样吧,让我们先吃午餐休息一下。回来之后你再给我们详细地解释一下?
Jingjing: Sounds great!
京晶:好的!
习语短语
moving on=接下来
have in store=计划会有……
an edge=优势
on the same page (as someone)=直译为“在同一页上”,表示意见一致达成共识
in the same boat (as someone)=在同样的情况下或立场上
have the floor=有机会开始讲话(通常在会议期间说)
game changer=指一个完全崭新的、不同以往的东西 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446976.html |