英语PK台 第489期:孩子的小套路:一哭二闹三撒娇(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1 It is Halloween night and Mark wants to go trick-or-treating.
今天是万圣节之夜,马克想去玩糖果恶作剧的游戏。
Mark: Okay, mom. I'm gonna go get my Spiderman costume on and then we can go.
马克:妈妈。我去换上我的蜘蛛侠服装,然后我们就可以出发了。
Jingjing: Go where? We're not going anywhere. It's late! It's almost time for you to hit the hay.
京晶:去哪里?我们今天哪儿也不能去了。现在已经很晚了!这几乎已经到了你上床睡觉的时间了。
Mark: But mom!!! Tonight is Halloween! You said we could go trick-or-treating!
马克:但是妈妈!今晚是万圣节!你说过我们可以去玩不给糖就捣乱的!
Jingjing: Yes, but you have a math test tomorrow. You need to get a full night's rest so you can be in tip top shape tomorrow.
京晶:是,但你明天有一个数学测验。你需要好好休息,明天才能有最好的状态。
Mark: But mom!!! (Mark lets out a small cry.) You said we could go! You lied to me! I've waited all year to go trick-or-treating.
马克:但是妈妈!(马克小声哭了一下。)你说过我们可以去的!你骗我!我已经等了一年了。
Jingjing: But Mark. I've asked you several times to do some chores around the house if you wanted to go.
京晶:但是马克,我说的是,如果你想要去的话,必须做几次家务。
Mark: I did do some! I cleaned my room last week. Don't you remember?
马克:我做了呀!我上周打扫了我的房间。你不记得了吗?
Jingjing: That's just a drop in the bucket. I also asked you to clean your bathroom, wash the dishes, and vacuum the carpet.
京晶:这只是九牛一毛。我还让你清理你的浴室、洗碗和吸地毯来着呢。
Mark: But mom!!! (Mark's cry worsens.)
马克:但是妈妈!(马克哭得更大声了。)
Jingjing: Not this time, Mark. You're not gonna manipulate me with your tears. I've reached my boiling point.
京晶:这次没用了,马克。你的眼泪骗不了我了。我已经忍无可忍了。
Mark: Momma, please! I love you mommy! Pretty please?
马克:妈妈,拜托了!妈妈我爱你!拜托让我去吧?
Jingjing: I'm not falling for that this time. I know your game. You start crying and then expect to get your way. You have to learn how to be a grown-up.
京晶:我这次不会上当啦,我已经知道你的把戏了,用装可怜换取你想要的。你必须学会如何成为一个大人了。
Mark: (sniff, sniff) Okay, mommy...
马克:(抽泣,抽泣)好吧,妈妈……
Jingjing: Now be a good boy and hop into bed. Tomorrow you can wake up early and do well on your test.
京晶:现在做个乖孩子上床睡觉。明天你就可以早早起床,然后好好考试了。
Mark: Good night, momma!
马克:晚安,妈妈!
Jingjing: Good night! Sweet dreams!
京晶:晚安!做个好梦!
New words: 习语短语
hit the hay=睡觉
tip top shape=完美的状态
a drop in the bucket=九牛一毛,冰山一角
vacuum=用真空吸尘器清洁
carpet=地毯
manipulate=通过某些语言或行动来操纵别人的想法或感受
reach one's boiling point=到达发火的临界点了
Pretty please.=拜托(孩子们经常为了要求什么东西而对大人说这个)。
to fall for something=掉入某人的陷阱,相信某人的谎言或诡计
grown-up=[名词]成人
Dialogue 2
Mark and his mother are shopping for school clothes at the mall.
马克和他妈妈在商场买学校穿的衣服。
Jingjing: Okay, Mark. We're here to buy clothes, and nothing else. I have errands to run, so let's make this a jiffy.
京晶:听好了马克。我们来这里是买衣服的,不买别的。我一会还有事儿,所以咱们速战速决好吧。
Mark: Okay, but mom, if I see a toy I like, can I go look at it?
马克:好吧,但是妈妈,如果我看到一个我喜欢的玩具,我能去看看吗?
Jingjing: No! I still remember last time very clearly what happened. After you looked at it, you asked me to buy it for you. When I told you "no", you threw a hissy fit.
京晶:不行!我还清楚地记得上一次发生了什么事。你看了之后,就非得要我买给你。我说“不”,你就发脾气耍赖起来了。
Mark: Well, I promise I won't ask you to buy anything for me, okay? I'll be a good boy today.
马克:嗯,我保证我不会要求你为我买任何东西还不行吗?今天我会做一个好孩子。
Jingjing: You better be! Come on, let's go look at those pants over there. Here try this pair on. (Jingjing looks around and cannot find Mark.) Mark? Mark! Where are you?
京晶:你最好说到做到!来,我们去看看那边的裤子。来来,试试这条。(京晶环顾四周,找不到马克。)马克?马克!你跑哪儿去了?
Mark: Mom, I'm over here. I saw some cool toys. I just wanna look at them for a second.
马克:妈妈,我在这里。我看到一些很酷的玩具。我只是想看一眼。
Jingjing: Mark! Don't push me! What did I tell you just now?
京晶:马克!不要逼我!我刚才是怎么跟你说的?
Mark: Mom, please, I found some cool toy cars. I just wanna check them out real quick.
马克:妈妈,拜托,我发现了一些很酷的玩具车。我只是想快速地看一眼。
Jingjing: Seriously, I'm gonna explode if you don't get over here right now.
京晶:我说真的,如果你不立刻回来,我就要发火啦。
Mark: Okay, I'll come over there if you... if you buy it for me? Pretty please mom? It's cheap! Please?
马克:好吧,只要你买给我我就立刻回来。拜托妈妈?它很便宜的!好不好?
Jingjing: Do I have to give you a spanking in front of all these people? I'm gonna count to five, and then you better get over here. One, two, three, four—
京晶:你非得逼我在这么多人面前打你吗?我数到5,你最好立刻过来这里。1,2,3,4……
Mark: Okay. (sniff, sniff) (Mark starts to cry a little bit.) Geez, I'm coming. (Mark lets out a big cry now.)
马克:好吧(抽泣,抽泣)(马克准备开始要哭了。)哎,我来了。(马克大哭起来。)
Jingjing: Don't you dare throw a temper tantrum and embarrass me in front of all these people. Come on, I've had it up to here with you. We're leaving.
京晶:不许你在这么多人面前发脾气让我难堪。好了,我受够了。不买了,回家!
New words: 习语短语
errands=差事,需要做的杂务(比如去邮局、到图书馆还书等……)
jiffy=瞬间,一会儿
throw a hissy fit=(因为事情没有按照自己的意愿发展就)发脾气
explode=变得极为愤怒
spank=打屁股
throw a temper tantrum=大发脾气
I've had it up to here.=我受够了,我快要爆炸了,我不能再忍受下去了。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/447139.html |