英语PK台 第507期:买新车了,get世界名车品牌英文读法(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1 Mark: Hi, Jingjing. You look like you're happy today.
马克:嗨,京晶,你今天看上去挺开心的嘛。
Jingjing: Don't I always?
京晶:难道我不是一直这样的吗?
Mark: Yeah, but today you seem like you're on top of the world.
马克:是的,可是今天你看上去真是开心极了!
Jingjing: Well, I do have some good news: I got a car!
京晶:呵呵,我确实有些好消息:我买车啦!
Mark: Wow, your own car! That is good news!
马克:哇哦!你自己的车呢!好事好事啊!
Jingjing: For several months now, I was hoping to get a license.
京晶:过去这几个月,我就快要拿到驾照了。
Mark: I know you were taking driving lessons. A lot of people do that just as a hobby though.
马克:我知道你一直在学开车,然而许多人也这么做仅仅是当作一个爱好。
Jingjing: Well, now it's for real.
京晶:那,现在可是来真的了。
Mark: Was it very difficult?
马克:学车难吗?
Jingjing: It took a long time. It was quite an ordeal, actually.
京晶:费了不少时间。事实上,也真是一场磨难。
Mark: And now it's all behind you.
马克:现在不都过去了吗。
Jingjing: The hardest part is to become a good driver.
京晶:最难的部分是成为一个好司机。
Mark: When you feel confident behind the wheel, how about taking me for a spin?
马克:等你觉得开车上手了自信了,带我去兜兜风怎么样?
Jingjing: Will do!
京晶:没问题
New words: 习语短语:
on top of the world 形容非常开心的状态 (very happy and successful)
(take) driving lessons学开车,上驾校或正规课程 (study driving by actually driving, with the help of an instructor in the car)
hobby 爱好 (something you make or do for fun)
for real 认真地,当真的 (bona fide, serious)
ordeal 磨难 (a difficult and unpleasant experience)
it's all behind you某事过去了,完成了 (alternately, put it behind you) (in the past, completed, so that you don't have to worry about it now)
behind the wheel 开车的一种地道的口语说法 (driving)
taking me for a spin 带我兜风 (taking me for a drive, for fun)
Dialogue 2
Mark sees Jingjing's new car for the first time.
马克第一次见到京晶的新车
Mark: Nice wheels, Jinging!
马克:这车相当可以啊,京晶
Jingjing: Hop in!
京晶:上车!
Mark: Leather interior, right?
马克:内饰都是全皮的吧?
Jingjing: Yes. It cost a little more, but it will last longer.
京晶:是的。稍微多花了些银子,就能多用几年。
Mark: I think you made the right choice.
马克:我想你这这决定是对的
Jingjing: Well, here goes.
京晶:坐稳了,出发喽!
Mark: It's pretty quiet.
马克:噪音不大,挺安静的。
Jingjing: Yeah, there's not much engine or road noise.
京晶:是的,没有太多发动机的噪音或者路噪
Mark: Some people say it's more of an improvement to have a car than it is to go from a cheap car to an expensive one. What do you think?
马克:有人说,从没车到有车总好过从一辆便宜车换到高档车。你觉得呢?
Jingjing: I was thinking about that a lot when choosing this one. Some things like safety and reliability make a pretty big difference.
京晶:买这辆车时我考虑了很久。诸如安全性,可靠性挺重要的,车与车之间差距挺大的。
Mark: I also think that you'll feel like your hard work is paying off.
马克:我也认为你的这些辛苦会有回报的。
Jingjing: Yeah. When I drive this car, I feel pretty satisfied.
京晶:是的,当我开这辆车时,我觉得很满意。
Mark: Good for you, Jingjing. It's good to see you at the wheel.
马克:真不错啊,京晶。看见你开上了新车真好!
Jingjing: OK, enough talk. Let's listen to the radio.
京晶:好啦,说得不少了,我们来听听电台。
New words: 习语短语:
wheels 字面意思车轮,口语中指代车 (car)
hop in 果断上车 (get into the car, without worrying about being careful)
interior 内在的,里面的 (the inside of a car)
here goes 开始了 (We're starting.)
go from (A) to (B) 从A状态到B状态 (for example, go from 10,000RMB per month to 50,000RMB per month) (make a change from one possession/lifestyle to another)
reliability 可靠性 (how well something works)
paying off 回报 (keep giving a person user benefits)
at the wheel 开车(driving) |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/447357.html |