英语PK台 第546期:好玩的手游,根本停不下来(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1 Jingjing visits Mark where he works
京晶拜访马克工作的地方
Mark: Hey Jingjing, I didn't see you come in.
马克:嗨,京晶,我没看见你进来了。
Jingjing: Are you busy? I could come back a little later.
京晶:你忙吗?我可以过会儿再过来。
Mark: Not exactly. I'll be just a couple minutes. Have a seat.
马克:不呢,不那么忙。我一会儿就好,你坐。
Jingjing: OK, no rush.
京晶:好,不急。
Mark: Sorry about that. I was in the middle of a game on my phone.
马克:真是抱歉,我正在手机上玩一个游戏。
Jingjing: You kept me waiting to play a game on your phone?
京晶:你让我在这儿干等着你在手机上玩游戏?
Mark: Well, I wouldn't usually, but this was a multiplayer game, kind of a tournament. My team has one a week, and I do two rounds.
马克:那个,我平时也不会这么干,但这是个多人/多玩家的游戏,类似锦标赛。我这队一周有一个,我打两轮。
Jingjing: Oh, I see. So you didn't want to let your teammates down.
京晶:哦,原来如此。所以,你不想让你的队友们失望。
Mark: Yeah. Since you're my good friend, I bet you understand.
马克:是的。既然你是我的好朋友,我打赌你会理解的。
Jingjing: I understand that smartphone games are catching on. But you know real life is more important, right?
京晶:我能理解手游确实很流行,吸引人。但你也知道真实生活更重要,对吗?
Mark: Ha ha, of course it is. That's why I only play simple games that take a few minutes at a time.
马克:哈哈,那当然了。这就是为什么我只玩一些一次只花几分钟的简单游戏。
Jingjing: What are your three favourite games?
京晶:你最喜欢哪三个游戏?
Mark: Hmm, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, and Clash Royale.
马克:嗯,部落冲突,海岛奇兵,皇室战争。
Jingjing: Okay, and who are the prime ministers of the UK, Canada, and Australia?
京晶:好吧,那英国、加拿大,澳大利亚的总理都是谁?
Mark: Theresa May, Justin Trudeau, ...and... Malcolm Turnbull.
马克:特蕾莎·梅,贾斯廷·特鲁多,还有…马尔科姆·特恩布尔
Jingjing: Well, you're off the hook, I guess. I thought you might not know as much about the world as you know about games on your phone.
京晶:我想,你聪明地出坑了。我本以为你对世界的了解不如你对手游的了解多呢。
Mark: Uh, I had to look one up on my phone just now. Luckily I wasn't playing a game.
马克:额,我刚才不得不用手机查了一个。幸好,我没在玩游戏。
Jingjing: You cheater!
京晶:你个作弊的家伙!
New words: 习语短语:
I'll be just a couple minutes. 稍等我几分钟,很快就好
I'm too busy to pay attention to you, but will be free in two minutes or so.
(alternately, I'll just be a minute, I'll just be five minutes, etc.)
in the middle of busy with 正忙着做某事
(a meeting, a phone call, a big project, etc)
tournament 一系列打升级的游戏
a series of games played for rank
catching on 变得更加流行
becoming more popular
off the hook
no longer in trouble
摆脱麻烦了,出坑了,不再受责备了
(also means no longer responsible for or blamed for)
Dialogue 2
the same day, after work
同一天,下班后
Jingjing: Did you get much done today?
京晶:今天工作完成得多吗?
Mark: Yeah, our team won the tournament. And I finished editing those articles I had to do.
马克:嗯呢,我的队赢了锦标赛,而且我编辑完了了必须弄完的文章。
Jingjing: Well, that sounds like a good balance of work and play.
京晶:嗬,听上去工作和游戏平衡得不错嘛。
Mark: For me, a short game on my phone breaks up the monotony of work, especially in the afternoon when it's easy to feel sleepy.
马克:对我来说,在手机上玩个小游戏可以驱赶工作的沉闷,尤其在容易犯困的下午。
Jingjing: You could try standing up and walking around for a while, or going out and buying some fresh fruit. Be careful not to become addicted to smartphone games.
京晶:你可以试着站起来四处走走,或者出去买点新鲜水果。小心不要太沉迷于手游了。
Mark: Do you think that's an actual thing—smartphone game addiction, or computer game addiction?
马克:你觉得那些真的是个事吗?——手游上瘾或者网游上瘾
Jingjing: I read that it's similar to gambling addiction, even though it's not considered by professionals to be a mental disorder. In my book, people who don't do enough things in real life, and care more about their in-game achievements, are game addicts.
京晶:我读到过这些跟赌瘾相似,虽然专业人士不会认为这是某种精神上的失调。在我的书里,那些在现实世界里较少作为,更关注网游成就的人,就是游戏成瘾者。
Mark: Sounds like you've got it figured out. I heard about one guy who was playing an augmented reality game and walked into a restricted part of a courthouse.
马克:听上去你已经完全弄明白了。我听说过一个男的玩了一款AR实景游戏时,走进了法院的禁入区。
Jingjing: What happened to him?
京晶:他怎么了?
Mark: He was following the game, I guess, and ignored the signs and security guards. So, he got arrested.
马克:我猜,他跟随着游戏,无视标识和警卫,所以,他被逮捕了。
Jingjing: Good thing it was a courthouse and not an army base.
京晶:幸好是法院不是军事基地呢。
Mark: Yeah, I don't think he got into too much trouble. But it goes to show what could go wrong if you pay attention to your phone instead of real life.
马克:是的。我认为他也没惹太大的麻烦。但是这说明了如果你把注意力都放在手机而不是真实生活上,都会出什么错。
Jingjing: I think the worst thing is to play games when you're supposed to be working.
京晶:我觉得最糟糕的是当你该工作的时候玩游戏。
Mark: Games are fun, and they give a happy sense of accomplishment when work might drag on. But if you've ever lost all your progress in a game and had to start over, you've probably realized how meaningless smartphone games are.
马克:游戏是很好玩的,工作可能要拖延的时候它们能带来一种令人快乐的成就感。但是如果你失去了在游戏里的所有通关的成绩,不得不从头开始,你可能就会意识到手游是多么没意思。
Jingjing: That's a good way of putting it.
京晶:这个看法不错。
New words: 习语短语:
get much done 完成了大部分工作
accomplish much, finish much work
monotony 单调的,无聊的,乏味的
a boring situation
an actual thing 真实的情况
a real condition (In this case, smartphone/computer game addiction is not a diagnosable disorder according to the DSM-IV.)
in-game achievements 游戏成就
Scores and prizes in games, especially those that are published on leaderboards or result in changes to the user's status
Augmented reality AR实景
computer-generated images/sounds are added to real scenery when seen through a mobile phone camera (An example of an augmented reality game is Pokémon GO, by Niantic, which has 65 million users and has led people to collectively walk the distance to Pluto.)
直译过来就是扩增现实或增强现实,是一种将虚拟内容和真实存在的内容进行实时融合,形成虚拟、现实之间互动的技术。AR实景是虚拟现实的延伸和发展,在虚拟现实的基础上增加了真实环境,从而创造出全新的体验。AR实景必须是将虚幻、现实两者进行实时融合,静态的合成不能属于AR实景的范畴。
drag on 拖沓,延长
take a long time, without being interesting |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/447521.html |