英语PK台 第743期:2018世界杯来了(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1 Mark: Jingjing, have you been seeing all the FIFA advertisements?
马克:京晶,你有没有看过 FIFA所有的广告?
Jingjing: Yeah, I think a lot of companies in China are official sponsors. So I see the FIFA symbol everywhere. By the way, do you know what FIFA stands for?
京晶:有啊,我觉得很多中国的公司都是官方赞助商,所以我到处都看见FIFA的标志。对了,你知道FIFA代表什么吗?
Mark: You got me. Do you know?
马克:你问住我了。那你知道吗?
Jingjing: Yeah, but I just looked it up: Fédération Internationale de Football Association.
京晶:对,可是我刚才查到的,全名是国际足球联合会。
Mark: That sounds French.
马克:听起来很像法语呢。
Jingjing: It is. But the organization has its headquarters in Zürich. Go figure, right?
京晶:对。其实它的总部是在苏黎世。很奇怪,是吧?
Mark: And FIFA is hosted in Russia this year. I just saw the mascot for the first time the other day.
马克:还有今年的FIFA在俄罗斯举办。 有一天我第一次看见这次比赛的吉祥物了。
Jingjing: Oh, really? What's it look like?
京晶:噢,真的吗?它是什么样子的?
Mark: It's a wolf.
马克:是一只狼。
Jingjing: I'm surprised it's not a bear.
京晶:很惊讶竟然不是熊。
Mark: Yeah, they went with a wolf. The other ideas were a tiger and a cat. Those were the designs that made it to the final decision. A student won the design contest.
马克:是的,他们最后选择了狼。另外两个想法是一只老虎和一只猫,这些都是进入最后定稿的设计。一名学生赢得了这个吉祥物设计比赛。
Jingjing: Oh, I thought it might be because a bear was used by another country in a previous year.
京晶:噢,我还以为是熊,因为之前另外一个国家用了熊。
Mark: That makes sense. But England and Germany used a lion for their mascot, when they were the hosts in different years.
马克:有道理,可英国和德国在不同的年份举办时都用了一只狮子来做吉祥物。
Jingjing: Was it the same lion?
京晶:是同一只狮子吗?
Mark: I've reached the limit of my knowledge there. But can you guess what colors the wolf is wearing for FIFA 2018?
马克:那我就不知道了。可是你能猜猜今年FIFA的狼穿什么颜色衣服吗?
Jingjing: That's an easy one: white, blue and red—just like the Russian flag.
京晶:当然知道了,是白色,蓝色和红色,跟俄罗斯的国旗一样颜色。
Mark: You got it! Look out for the wolf with those colors and a pair of orange sunglasses.
马克:对了!特别留意一下带有那些颜色的狼和橙色的太阳镜。
New words: 习语短语
sponsors 赞助
companies that support a major event, such as a football tournament
stands for 代表
the words in an abbreviation (MIT stands for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
headquarters 总部
the main office of a company or organization
Go figure 奇怪了
said when something is a little weird and can't be explained (I got up earlier than usual this morning but was late for work. Go figure.)
mascot 吉祥物
an animal, person or thing that,used as a symbol for a sports team or another group, to bring good luck
Dialogue 2
Mark: Jingjing, what's that you're humming?
马克:京晶,你在哼什么呀?
Jingjing: Oh, that's the FIFA song. It got stuck in my head.
京晶:噢,那是FIFA的主题曲。已经在我脑海里单曲循环了。
Mark: FIFA has an official song? I haven't heard it yet.
马克:FIFA 有主题曲的吗?我还没听到过呢。
Jingjing: Well, you know, every four years there's a song recorded especially for FIFA.
京晶:对的,每四年就有一首专门为FIFA录制的歌曲。
Mark: I remember four years ago, there was one by Pitbull, featuring Jennifer Lopez.
马克:我记得四年前就有一首是皮普保罗唱的,还有珍妮弗·洛佩兹客串。
Jingjing: Don't hum it! That'll get stuck in my head too!
京晶:别再哼哼了!一会儿又一直在我脑海里单曲循环了!
Mark: OK, OK. So tell me, who sings the song for 2018?
马克:好好。那告诉我,2018年的主题曲是谁唱的?
Jingjing: Nicky Jam. Will Smith and Era Istrefi sing bits of it.
京晶:尼基·詹姆,还有史密斯和Era Istrefi也唱了一点。
Mark: I know the first two, but who is the third artist?
马克:我知道前两位,可是第三个是谁?
Jingjing: She's from Kosovo, and has been internationally famous for a couple years now. She sings in Albanian and English.
京晶:她是来自科索沃的歌手,近几年来一直在国际上享有盛名。她用阿尔巴尼亚语和英语唱歌。
Mark: I'll have to look up her music.
马克:我得找点她的音乐来听听。
Jingjing: She sounds like a cross between Nelly Furtado and Rihanna.
京晶:她的声音有妮莉·费塔朵和蕾哈娜的特点。
Mark: That'd sound great. I like both of those artists.
马克:听起来很不错。 我很喜欢这两位歌手呢。
Jingjing: And her songs are pretty well produced. They pop, but sound original.
京晶:而且她的歌曲制作得相当好。流行味足,但听起来又很原创。
Mark: OK, sold. I'll be looking for free streams of her songs next time I go online.
马克:行!那我下次上网时找一下她的免费歌曲来听听吧。
Jingjing: Hey, how did we stray so far from football. We still haven't talked about all those handsome, sweaty guys.
京晶:嘿,怎么话题已经偏离足球那么远了呢。我们还没有谈到那些帅气的,大汗淋漓的球员呢!
Mark: Um, maybe next time.
马克:可能下次吧!
Jingjing: Haha, OK.
京晶:哈哈,好!
New words: 习语短语
featuring 由(某歌手) 客串表演
including, showing (this artist/actor performs for a short time, but can be seen well)
C a cross between A and B 兼具A和B的特色
C has mostly the characteristics of A and B.
pop (verb) 有吸引力的,有流行特质的
be attractive, catch people's attention, be easily remembered (to describe logos and songs)
stray from sth 跑题
get away from the topic we were talking about earlier |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/448749.html |