职场英文口语 第256期:工作机会(2)(在线收听

 It means you'd be his most trusted and invaluable assistant.I see. 意思是他最信任、最宝贵的助手。我懂了。

Anna, if you need time to think you could say "thank you for your kind words" and, "could I have time to consider your offer?" 安娜,如果你需要时间考虑,你可以说“谢谢您的夸赞”,“我可以考虑下您的提议吗?”
Erm, Mr Socrates. This news has come as a bit of a shock. 苏格拉底先生。这条消息让我有点吃惊。
Thank you for your kind words but please could I have some time to consider your offer? 谢谢您的夸赞,请给我时间考虑下好吗?
Oh… OK Anna. But please don't leave it too long.I have a habit of changing my mind. 好吧,安娜。不过别想太久。我有改变主意的习惯。
OK, Mr Socrates… I mean Brad… I'll call you back soon. Bye. 好的,苏格拉底先生。不是,是布拉特。我会尽快给你回电话的,再见。
Oh… has Mr S offered you Paul's job by any chance?Yes!And you said you'd think about it? 苏格拉底先生让你做保罗的工作了吗?是啊!而你说要考虑下?
Yes. I'm not sure if I can take on that much responsibility. 没错。我不确定能否承担那么多责任。
It's easy peasy. I could do it standing on my head. 容易极了,我可以不费吹灰之力就做好。
But he's not offering- you the job Tom. 可他又没提供给你工作,汤姆。
Please don't mention this to Paul… not yet… he's very upset. 千万别和保罗说这事,至少现在,毕竟他很伤心。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zcywky/450246.html