职场英文口语 第262期:劝某人改变心意(1)(在线收听

 Welcome back to the offices of Tip Top Trading where there's a bit of confusion. 欢迎回到Tip Top Trading的办公室,这里遇到了点小困惑。

Anna…Yes?I think Tom's got the wrong end of the stick. 安娜……什么事?我觉得汤姆误会你的意思了。
But I didn't give him a stick.No, no. I think there's been a misunderstanding. 但是我没有给他“棍子”。不,不,我认为这里有误会。
When you said your answer was 'yes' he thought you meant 'yes, I'll marry you'! 你回答“是”的时候,他以为你的意思是,“好,我要嫁给你!”
Oh no! I meant yes to the promotion.Gosh I've got to sort this out. 不!我的意思是同意升职。天啊,我得赶快解决这事。
Tom, Tom, hold on please.We can't hang about Anna. 汤姆,汤姆,先等等。安娜,我们不能再等了。
Let's fix a date, invite everyone – even Paul.No, no, we can't. 一起定个结婚日期吧,把每个人都请来,包括保罗。不,不,我们不行。
You're right, not Paul – he just talks about biscuits. 你说的对,不请保罗了,他总是在谈饼干。
No. I mean 'no', we can't get married. 不,我的意思是,不,我们不能结婚。
I meant yes to the promotion. I can't marry you. 我说“是”,同意的是升职这件事。我不能嫁给你。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zcywky/451229.html