TED演讲:如何随处种小型森林(在线收听) |
I'm an industrial engineer. 我是一个工业工程师。 The goal in my life has always been to make more and more products in the least amount of time and resources. 在我的生命中一直追求的目标,是用最少的时间和资源,做出更多的产品。
While working at Toyota, 当我刚在丰田工作时,
all I knew was how to make cars until I met Dr. Akira Miyawaki, 我只知道如何制造汽车,直到我遇到了宫胁昭博士。
who came to our factory to make a forest in it in order to make it carbon-neutral. 他为了使碳中性,在我们的工厂里建造了一个森林。
I was so fascinated that I decided to learn this methodology by joining his team as a volunteer. 我对此十分着迷。因此我决定去学这门方法,便加入他的团队当志工。
Soon, I started making a forest in the backyard of my own house, 不久后,我开始造林,就造在我家後院。
and this is how it looks after three years. 这就是三年後的样子。
These forests, 这些森林比常规的种植园,
compared to a conventional plantation,grow 10 times faster, 生长速度快十倍。
they're 30 times more dense, 他们比一般的森林更密集30倍,
and 100 times more biodiverse. 生物多样性高一百倍。
Within two years of having this forest in our backyard, 2年了,有了这个森林在我们的后院。
I could observe that the groundwater didn't dry during summers, 在夏天时我可以观察到,地下水并没有干涸。
the number of bird species I spotted in this area doubled. 我观察到鸟类在这个区域,数量翻了一倍。
Quality of air became better, 空气的质量变得更好了。
and we started harvesting seasonal fruits growing effortlessly right in the backyard of our house. 而且我们还开始采收时令水果,在我们家的后院里。
I wanted to make more of these forests. 我想要造更多这种样子的森林,
I was so moved by these results that I wanted to make these forests with the same acumen with which we make cars or write software or do any mainstream business, 我被这些数据深深地感动了。我想要去建造这些森林,以我们造汽车,或者编写软件,或做任何主流业务相同的速度。
so I founded a company which is an end-to-end service provider to create these native natural forests. 所以我创办了一家公司,一家为了建造这些原始森林,而提供整套植树造林服务的公司。
But to make afforestation as a mainstream business or an industry, we had to standardize the process of forest-making. 但是,把使植树造林作为主流业务或者一个行业,我们必须规范造林决策的整个过程。
So we benchmarked the Toyota Production System known for its quality and efficiency for the process of forest-making. 因此,我们按照丰田生产系统。这个系统的高质量和高效率被人熟知,去做造林决策。
For an example, the core of TPS, 举个列子:TPS的核心,丰田生产系统,
Toyota Production System, lies in heijunka, 就在于均衡化。
which is making manufacturing 使其能在一条流水线上,
of different models of cars on a single assembly line. 生产不同样式的汽车。
We replaced these cars with trees, 我们的树木取代了这些车,
using which now we can make multi-layered forests. 用的是如今我们造出多层次的森林。
These forests utilize 100 percent vertical space. 这些森林占了100%的空间,
They are so dense that one can't even walk into them. 它们非常的密集,甚至都不够一个人走过去。
For an example, we can make a 300-tree forest in an area as small as the parking spaces of six cars. 比如,我们可以造一座300棵树的森林,在小至六个停车位的空间内。
In order to reduce cost and our own carbon footprint, 为了降低成本和我们自己的碳足迹,
we started utilizing local biomass as soil amender and fertilizers. 我们开始利用当地生物质,作为改变土壤的肥料。
For example, coconut shells crushed in a machine mixed with rice straw, 例如:把椰子壳在一个机器里碾碎,与稻草混合起来,
powder of rice husk mixed with organic manure is finally dumped in soil on which our forest is planted. 稻壳粉与有机肥混合,最后倒到我们要造林的土壤上。
Once planted, we use grass or rice straw to cover the soil 种好之后,我们把草和稻草铺盖在土壤上。
so that all the water which goes into irrigation doesn't get evaporated back into the atmosphere. 这样做的话,用于灌溉的水就不会蒸发掉。
And using these simple improvisations, 就是用了这些简单的创意,
today we can make a forest for a cost as low as the cost of an iPhone. 今天我们才能造出一个森林,只花比买一个iPhone还少的钱。
Today, we are making forests in houses, 今天,我们在家里造森林。
in schools, even in factories with the corporates. 在学校里,甚至工厂里。
But that's not enough. 但是这些还不够,
There is a huge number of people who want to take matters into their own hands. 有一大推人,想要自己动手造森林。
So we let it happen. 所以,我们就帮助他们造林。
Today, we are working on an Internet-based platform where we are going to share our methodology 今天,我们正在研究一个基于互联网的平台。用于开放分享我们造林的秘方,
on an open source using which anyone and everyone can make their own forest without our physical presence being there, 用于让任何一个人,创造他们自己的森林,不用我们的协助,
using our methodology. 或是用我们的方法。
At the click of a button, 只需点一下按钮,
they can get to know all the native species 人们就能知道,
of their place. 所有在他们那一块地里的生物。
By installing a small hardware probe on site, 通过在网站上安装一个小的硬件探针,
we can do remote soil testing, 我们可以远程测试土壤,
using which we can give step-by-step instructions 用来给予一步步的操作指南,
on forest-making remotely. 去远程制造森林。
Also we can monitor the growth of this forest without being on site. 而且,我们可以不去现场,就能监控观察森林的成长。
This methodology, I believe,has a potential. 我相信,这个方法很有潜力。
By sharing, we can actually bring back our native forests. 通过分享,我们实际上
Now, when you go back home, 可以找回我们的原始森林。
if you see a barren piece of land, 现在,当你回到家时。
do remember that it can be a potential forest. 如果你看到一片荒地,请记住,它可以变成一个潜在的森林。
Thank you very much. Thanks. 非常感谢大家,谢谢。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/syp/452404.html |