TED演讲:医生们可以互相学习(7)(在线收听) |
Compare apples to apples. Who's better? 比较治疗方案之间哪个更好, Why is that? 为什么更好?
Five months ago, 五个月前,
I led a workshop at the largest university hospital 我在北欧最大的医学院
in Northern Europe. 组织了一次专题讨论会。
They have a new CEO, and she has a vision: 他们换了新的CEO,而她的愿景是:
I want to manage my big institution much more on quality, outcomes that matter to patients. 我希望把管理重点放在保证病人的治疗质量和效果上。
This particular day, we sat in a workshop 在这天的研讨会上,我们跟医护人员
together with physicians, nurses and other staff, 和后勤人员一起,
discussing leukemia in children. 谈到患白血病的孩子。
The group discussed,how do we measure quality today? 我们讨论到,我们该如何评价治疗结果?
Can we measure it better than we do? 我们在评估上能如何改进?
We discussed, how do we treat these kids, 我们还讨论到,该如治疗这些孩子?
what are important improvements? 哪些对他们来说是重要的改善?
And we discussed what are the costs for these patients, 我们还提到费用问题。
can we do treatment more efficiently? 我们有更有效的治疗方案吗?
There was an enormous energy in the room. 整个讨论气氛非常热烈。
There were so many ideas, so much enthusiasm. 每个人都热情洋溢,提出了很多想法。
At the end of the meeting, 会议结束的时候,
the chairman of the department, he stood up. 部门主席站了起来,
He looked over the group and he said, 他注视着大家,然后说,
first he raised his hand, I forgot that, 差点忘了,他先举手了,
he raised his hand, clenched his fist, 他举起手来,攥成拳头,
and then he said to the group, Thank you. 然后,他对大家说:谢谢。
Thank you. Today, we're finally discussing 谢谢。今天我们终于讨论到了
what this hospital does the right way. 我们这家医院做的一件正确的事情。
By measuring value in healthcare, (我们所说的)医疗保健的价值,
that is not only costs but outcomes that matter to patients, 不只是要考虑费用,还要为我们的病人带来有效的治疗。
we will make staff in hospitals and elsewhere in the healthcare system not a problem but an important part of the solution. 我们要让医院和医保系统的员工,不再是(医疗成本的)负担,而成为(化解成本的)重要组成部分。
I believe measuring value in healthcare will bring about a revolution, 我相信,通过衡量医疗保健的价值会带来一次革命,
and I'm convinced that the founder of modern medicine, the Greek Hippocrates,who always put the patient at the center, 我也相信现代医学的奠基人一位以病人至上的古希腊的希波克拉底(希腊的名医,称医药之父)
he would smile in his grave. 看到这些,会含笑九泉的。
Thank you. 谢谢。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/ylp/452675.html |