TED演讲:听到的色彩(4)(在线收听

 Prince Charles has some similarities with Nicole Kidman.  查尔斯王子和妮可基德曼就有相似之处。

They have similar sound of eyes.  他们的眼睛听起来很像。
So you relate people that you wouldn't relate,  当你将一些毫无相关的人联系起来时,
and you can actually also create concerts by looking at the audience faces.  你事实上就能够举办一场音乐会了,单单看观众的脸就够了。
So I connect the eye, and then I play the audience's faces.  连接上电子眼,我就能演奏观众的脸了。
The good thing about this is,  这么做的好处是,
if the concert doesn't sound good, it's their fault.  如果音乐会听起来不怎样,那是他们问题。
It's not my fault, because—  这不是我的错,原因你知道的—
And so another thing that happens is that I started having this secondary effect that normal sounds started to become color. 另外还有一件事就是我开始体会到一些副作用了,那些平凡的声音开始变成颜色了。
I heard a telephone tone, and it felt green because it sounded just like the color green. 我听到电话铃声,我就感觉它是绿色的。因为它和绿色的声音听起来一样。
The BBC beeps, they sound turquoise, BBC and listening to Mozart became a yellow experience, 的哔声,它们是蓝绿色的,还有听莫扎特的歌成了一场黄色的体验,
so I started to paint music and paint people's voices,  所以我开始给音乐和人们的声音上色,
because people's voices have frequencies that I relate to color.  因为人声也是有频率的,我可以将其与颜色关联起来。
And here's some music translated into color.  这是一些转换成颜色的音乐。
For example, Mozart, Queen of the Night, looks like this.  例如,莫扎特的,夜晚的王后,看起来就是这样。
Very yellow and very colorful,  很绚黄,很多彩,
because there's many different frequencies.  因为有很多不同的频率。
And this is a completely different song.  这首歌则完全不同。
It's Justin Bieber's Baby.  这是Justin Bieber的Baby。
It is very pink and very yellow.  很粉也很黄。
So, also voices, I can transform speeches into color,  还有声音,我能把演讲也变成颜色,
for example, these are two very well-known speeches.  例如,这是两个非常著名的演讲。
One of them is Martin Luther King's I Have A Dream,  一个是马丁路德金的我有一个梦想,
and the other one is Hitler.  另外一个则是希特勒的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452843.html