TED演讲:一位性工作者的诉求(11)(在线收听) |
New Zealand hasn't actually seen an increase in the amount of people doing sex work, 尽管无罪化让她们在新西兰从事更加安全。 but decriminalizing it has made it a lot safer. 性工作的人数并没有上升。
But the lesson from New Zealand isn't just that its particular legislation is good, 但是新西兰的故事并不能说明其特殊的立法是好的,
but that crucially, it was written in collaboration with sex workers; 但是重要的是,这项法律是性工作者合作制定的。
namely, the New Zealand Prostitutes' Collective. 也就是新西兰的妓女联合会。
When it came to making sex work safer, they were ready to hear it straight from sex workers themselves. 当谈到如何保护性工作者的安全时,工会愿意直接听到性工作者自己的声音。
Here in the UK, I'm part of sex worker-led groups like the Sex Worker Open University 在英国,我是性工作者领导集体中的一份子,比如性工作者公开大学
and the English Collective of Prostitutes. 以及英国妓女联合会。
And we form part of a global movement demanding decriminalization and self-determination. 我们组织全球性活动,要求无罪化和自我决定权。
The universal symbol of our movement is the red umbrella. 我们行动的通用符号是红雨伞。
We're supported in our demands by global bodies like UNAIDS, 我们的要求得到了联合国艾滋病规划署
the World Health Organization and Amnesty International. 世界卫生组织和国际特赦组织的支持。
But we need more allies. 但是我们需要更多盟友。
If you care about gender equality or poverty or migration or public health, 如果您关注性别不平等或者贫穷问题、移民问题、公共卫生问题,
then sex worker rights matter to you. 那么保护性工作者的权益,对您而言至关重要。
Make space for us in your movements. 让我们与您同行。
That means not only listening to sex workers when we speak but amplifying our voices. 这不仅意味着倾听性工作者说的话,更意味着放大我们的声音。
Resist those who silence us, those who say that a prostitute is either too victimized, 反对那些让我们沉默的人,反对那些说妓女被欺骗或者被伤害
too damaged to know what's best for herself, or else too privileged and too removed from real hardship, 以至于不知道如何保护自己,反对那些在特权恩惠下的,远离苦难生活的,
not representative of the millions of voiceless victims. 无法代表数百万微言轻的受害者的人。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452977.html |