TED演讲:下一次工业革命就在眼前(3)(在线收听) |
When fast-fashion competitors like Zara started replenishing their stocks faster 当像Zara等“快速时尚”竞争者加快存货周转率, from two collections a year to one collection a month, 从一年两个时装系列提高到一个月一个时装系列,
none of them have been able to keep up with the pace. 传统的服装企业就都跟不上其节奏了。
Most of them are in great difficulties today. 它们中的绝大多数如今都陷入了危机。
Yet, with all of their shortcomings, those are the factories we know today. 但是,尽管有这些缺点,这些企业都依然很知名。
When you open the doors, they look the same as they did 50 years ago. 当你打开门出去看看时,你会发现这些工厂和50年前一模一样。
We've just changed the location, the size, the way they operate. 我们仅仅变换了工厂的位置、大小和运作方式。
Can you name anything else that looks the same as it did 50 years ago? 你们还能列举出任何五十年没有改变的例子吗?
It's crazy. We've made all the tweaks to the model that we could, and now we hit its limits. 这太难以置信了。我们已尽我们所能对该模型进行调整,但目前已经达到了极限。
After all of our attempts to fix the manufacturing model failed, we thought growth could come from elsewhere. 在对修补工业模型做出的全部尝试都失败后,我们猜测经济增长或许可以来自其他领域。
We turned to the tech sector -- there's been quite a lot of innovations there. 我们转向科技行业--那里有相当多的创新活动。
Just to name one: the Internet. We hoped it could produce growth. 举一个例子:因特网。我们希望网络能够带来增长。
And indeed, it changed our lives. 事实上,它改变了我们的生活。
It made big waves in the media, the service, the entertainment spaces. 它对传媒业、服务业和娱乐产业都带来了极大影响。
But it hasn't done much for productivity. 但是它并未对生产力带来多大改变。
Actually, what's surprising is that productivity is on the decline despite all of those innovation efforts. 实际上,令人惊讶的是,尽管有这么多的创新的尝试,生产力却一直在下降。
Imagine that -- sitting at work, scrolling through Facebook, 想象一下——上班的时候,刷刷Facebook,
watching videos on YouTube has made us less productive. Weird. 在YouTube上看看视频,这都让我们的生产效率降低了。很奇怪吧。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453048.html |