TED演讲:我那曝光政府腐败的战斗(10)(在线收听) |
So what is the solution? It is, I believe, to embody within the rule of law rights to information. 那么怎样解决呢?我相信那就是有接近信息的法律权力。 At the moment our rights are incredibly weak. 现在我们的权力还十分微弱。
In a lot of countries, we have Official Secrets Acts, including in Britain here. 在很多国家,我们还有官方保密法,包括在英国。
We have an Official Secrets Act with no public interest test. 没有利益测试的官方保密法还存在。
So that means it's a crime, people are punished, quite severely in a lot of cases, for publishing or giving away official information. 这说明,如果人们公布或放出官方信息,会被严厉处罚,这被看成是犯罪。
Now wouldn't it be amazing, and really, this is what I want all of you to think about, 那当然不是我们想看到的。大家想想,
if we had an Official Disclosure Act where officials were punished 如果我们有官方披露信息的法案,
if they were found to have suppressed or hidden information that was in the public interest? 如果官员们被发现禁止或藏匿与公众利益有关的信息,他们就会被惩罚,那多好!
So that -- yes. Yes! My power pose. I would like us to work towards that. 对对!这是我的”权力姿势”。我想要大家都向这个方向做出努力。
So it's not all bad news. I mean, there definitely is progress on the line, 现在并不都是坏消息。报道中必然有一些进步,
but I think what we find is that the closer that we get right into the heart of power, the more opaque, closed it becomes. 当我们更进一步接近权利中心时,一些变得更加不透明。
So it was only just the other week that I heard London's Metropolitan Police Commissioner 我上周才发现伦敦的都会警察委员
talking about why the police need access to all of our communications, 谈论说为什么警察需要得到所有关于我们通信的信息,
spying on us without any judicial oversight, and he said it was a matter of life and death. 在没有司法官制下侦查我们,他说这关系到生死。
He actually said that, it was a matter of life and death. 他确实这样说的,“这关系到了生死”。
There was no evidence. He presented no evidence of that. 但这没有依据的。他并没有告诉我证据。
It was just, "Because I say so. You have to trust me. Take it on faith." 他只是说“因为我这样说了,你必须相信我,用你的信念来接受它。”
Well, I'm sorry, people, but we are back to the pre-Enlightenment Church, and we need to fight against that. 抱歉,但是当我们回到启蒙运动前的教堂,我们都需要制止这样的动作。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453289.html |