TED演讲:关于人性名利和爱(7)(在线收听

   But here we are. I am 51 years old, like I told you, and mind-numbing acronyms notwithstanding, 然后来到了现在,我之前告诉你,我今年51岁,而我却还在研究那些荒谬的缩写含义,

  I just want to tell you if there has been a momentous time for humanity to exist, it is now, because the present you is brave. 我只是想告诉你,如果人性真的有那么一刻是存在的,那么就是现在,因为现在的你是勇敢的。
  The present you is hopeful. The present you is innovative and resourceful, and of course, the present you is annoyingly indefinable. 现在的你是充满希望的。现在的你是拥有着创意和智慧的,当然现在的你也充满着无限的可能。
  And in this spell-binding, imperfect moment of existence, 此刻在这个迷幻却又不完美的存在,
  feeling a little brave just before I came here, I decided to take a good, hard look at my face. 让我在上台前更有勇气,我决定好好凝视着我的面容。
  And I realized that I'm beginning to look more and more like the wax statue of me at Madame Tussaud's. 然后我越看越仔细,就像在看我自己在杜莎夫人蜡像馆的蜡像一样。
  Yeah, and in that moment of realization, 是的,就在那一刻我灵光一闪,
  I asked the most central and pertinent question to humanity and me: Do I need to fix my face? 我问了人性和我自己最关键的问题:我需要整容吗?
  Really. I'm an actor, like I told you, a modern expression of human creativity. 真的,就像我所告诉你的,作为一个演员,是人类创意现代化的展示。
  The land I come from is the source of inexplicable but very simple spirituality. 我的家乡,印度是一个神秘又单纯的灵性之地。
  In its immense generosity, India decided somehow that I, 因为它的慷慨和包容,印度不知怎么地,
  the Muslim son of a broke freedom fighter who accidentally ventured into the business of selling dreams, 让一个穷困潦倒的、穆斯林的儿子意外地做起了贩卖梦想的生意,
  should become its king of romance, the "Badhshah of Bollywood," the greatest lover the country has ever seen ... with this face. 成了浪漫之王的代名词,成了宝莱坞之王,成了这国家前所未有的梦中情人...用这样一张脸。
  Yeah. Which has alternately been described as ugly, unconventional, and strangely, not chocolatey enough. 是的。就是这样甚至可以被描述为有点丑的,有点标新立异的,有点奇怪的脸,但还好不算太黑。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453424.html