TED演讲:多元化的自己究竟有多大力量(1)(在线收听

   We're holding hands, staring at the door. 我们手牵着手,盯着门口。

  My siblings and I were waiting for my mother to come back from the hospital. 我和兄弟姐妹们在等着妈妈从医院回来。
  She was there because my grandmother had cancer surgery that day. 因为那天是我的外婆做癌症手术的日子。
  Finally, the doors opened, and she said, "She's gone. She's gone." 终于,门开了,她说,“外婆走了。她走了。”
  She started sobbing and immediately said, "We must make arrangements. 她开始哭泣,然后很快说到,“我们要做好安排。
  Your grandmother's dying wish was to be buried back home in Korea." 你们外婆的遗愿是要葬回韩国老家。”
  I was barely 12 years old, and when the shock wore off, my mother's words were ringing in my ears. 我当时也就12岁吧,当震惊慢慢退去,妈妈的话仍在耳中回响。
  My grandmother wanted to be buried back home. 我的外婆想落叶归根。
  We had moved from Korea to Argentina six years prior, without knowing any Spanish, or how we were going to make a living. 外婆去世的6年前,我们从韩国搬到阿根廷,完全不懂西班牙语,也不知道要如何生存。
  And upon arrival, we were immigrants who had lost everything, so we had to work really hard to rebuild our lives. 抵达的时候,我们是身无分文的移民,因此必须要非常努力地工作来开始新生活。
  So it hadn't occurred to me that after all these years, back home was still in Korea. 这么多年过去了,我从未想过,韩国才是我的家乡。
  It made me ponder where I would want to be buried someday, where home was for me, and the answer was not obvious. 我开始琢磨,将来我想被葬在哪里,哪里是我的老家,但我却找不到答案。
  And this really bothered me. So this episode launched a lifelong quest for my identity. 这件事令我很困扰。这件事开启了我一生中寻找自己的身份的旅程。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453449.html