TED演讲:失落了的民主辩论艺术(7)(在线收听) |
Chris. Thanks, Chris. 克里斯。谢谢,克里斯 From flutes to golf courses to same-sex marriage, that was a genius link. 从分配笛子到高尔夫球场,再到同性婚姻,真是天才式的串连
Now look, you're a pioneer of open education. 您是开放式教育的先锋之一,
Your lecture series was one of the first to do it big. 您的系列讲座是这一领域最早的几个大项目
What's your vision for the next phase of this? 请问您对下一阶段的预期是什么?
Well, I think that it is possible. 我想我的计划是可以实现的
In the classroom, we have arguments on some of the most fiercely 在课堂上,我让学生就一些重大政治话题
held moral convictions that students have about big public questions. 以及它们背后尖锐的道德理念展开辩论
And I think we can do that in public life more generally. 我想我们可以更广泛地开展这样的公开辩论
And so my real dream would be 我的最终梦想是,
to take the public television series that we've created of the course 把我们制作完毕放到网上的系列电视节目
it's available now, online, free for everyone anywhere in the world 免费提供给全世界用户观看
and to see whether we can partner with institutions, at universities in China, in India, in Africa, around the world, 然后与中国、印度、非洲等的大学及教育机构合作
to try to promote civic education and also a richer kind of democratic debate. 以推广公民教育以及内容更加丰富的民主辩论
So you picture, at some point, live, in real time, 那么您的预见是,在将来的某一时刻
you could have this kind of conversation, inviting questions, 您可以跟来自中国和印度的人们展开类似这样的开放式对话?
but with people from China and India joining in? 您可以跟来自中国和印度的人们展开类似这样的开放式对话?
Right. We did a little bit of it here with 1,500 people in Long Beach, 是的,我们今天在长滩和1500名观众展开此类讨论
and we do it in a classroom at Harvard with about 1,000 students. 我们也在哈佛大学课堂上与1000名学生展开此类讨论
Wouldn't it be interesting to take this way of thinking and arguing, engaging seriously with big moral questions, 要是将这种思考辩论重大严肃问题,
exploring cultural differences and connect through a live video hookup, 探索文化差异的方式通过实时视频直播,
students in Beijing and Mumbai and in Cambridge, Massachusetts and create a global classroom. 通过实时视频直播,让来自北京、孟买、剑桥、马萨诸塞的学生共同参与,大家齐坐与一个虚拟的国际大课堂中,
That's what I would love to do. 这就是我想做的事
So, I would imagine that there are a lot of people who would love to join you in that endeavor. 我相信很多人会愿意加入到这一事业
Michael Sandel. Thank you so much. 迈克·桑德尔。非常感谢 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/454380.html |