TED演讲: 用班卓琴来建设中美关系(2)(在线收听

   I knew I had to take a banjo with me to China.  我这时候知道我肯定会带着班卓琴去中国了

  So before going to law school in China, I bought a banjo, 在出发去中国的法学院之前,我买了个班卓琴,
  I threw it in my little red truck and I traveled down through Appalachia 把它扔进我的红色小皮卡里,然后我一路开到了阿巴拉契亚
  and I learned a bunch of old American songs,  途中也学了一堆美国风老歌
  and I ended up in Kentucky at the International Bluegrass Music Association Convention. 最后我来到了肯塔基的国际蓝草音乐联盟大会
  And I was sitting in a hallway one night and a couple girls came up to me. 有天晚上我坐在走廊里,几个姑娘走了过来
  And they said, "Hey, do you want to jam?" And I was like, "Sure." 她们问我:“嘿,来个小合奏呗?”我说:“成啊!”
  So I picked up my banjo and I nervously played four songs that I actually knew with them. 然后我拿起班卓琴,非常紧张地和她们合奏了四首歌
  And a record executive walked up to me and invited me to Nashville, Tennessee to make a record. 然后一个唱片公司的管理人员走了过来,然后邀请我去田纳西的纳什维尔(被称为音乐之都)录专辑
  It's been eight years, and I can tell you that I didn't go to China to become a lawyer. 八年过去了,我没去中国当律师
  In fact, I went to Nashville. And after a few months I was writing songs. 事实上,我去了纳什维尔。几个月之后我就开始自己写歌
  And the first song I wrote was in English, and the second one was in Chinese. 第一首是用英文写的,第二首是中文
  Outside your door the world is waiting. Inside your heart a voice is calling. 门外有个世界,心中有个声音
  The four corners of the world are watching, so travel daughter, travel. Go get it, girl. 四方等你来啊,远行吧我的姑娘,去远行。去追逐你的梦
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/454703.html