TED演讲: 凌晨4点(2)(在线收听) |
A time for even grimmer stuff than that, like in last April's New Yorker magazine. 那个时辰里还有更严酷的事情发生过,比如去年4月纽约人杂志中 This short fiction piece by Martin Amis starts out, Martin Amis的短篇小说是这样开始的:
"On September 11, 2001, he opened his eyes at 4 a.m. in Portland, Maine, and Mohamed Atta's last day began." “2001年9月11日,他睁开眼睛,凌晨4点,缅因州,波特兰市,Mohamed Atta的最后一天开始了。”
For a time that I find to be the most placid and uneventful hour of the day, 在这个我觉得是最温和、最平静的时刻,
four in the morning sure gets an awful lot of bad press 凌晨4点真的为我们带来了很多恶劣的坏消息
across a lot of different media from a lot of big names. And it made me suspicious. 很多大媒体都传递着这样的信息,这让我感到怀疑。
I figured, surely some of the most creative artistic minds in the world, really, 我想,当然,这个世界上那么多富有创造力的艺术家,
aren't all defaulting back to this one easy trope like they invented it, right? 并不都会像默认设置般地选用这个简单的隐喻,好像他们自己发明这个隐喻似的?是吗?
Could it be there is something more going on here? 是不是其中还有什么奥妙?
Something deliberate, something secret, and who got the four in the morning bad rap ball rolling anyway? 刻意的,神秘的,那是谁让这个凌晨4点的厄运之球滚动开来的呢?
I say this guy -- Alberto Giacometti, shown here with some of his sculptures on the Swiss 100 franc note. 我说,是这个家伙:阿尔贝托·贾科梅蒂。他的一些作品印在100瑞士法郎上。
He did it with this famous piece from the New York Museum of Modern Art. 他的这个著名的作品展览在纽约现代艺术馆里,
Its title -- "The Palace at Four in the Morning -- 1932. 题目就叫:凌晨4点的宫殿,1932年。
Not just the earliest cryptic reference to four in the morning I can find. 这不仅是我可以找到的最早的凌晨4点的神秘参考。
I believe that this so-called first surrealist sculpture may provide an incredible key to virtually 我认为,这个所谓的第一个超现实主义雕塑可能提供了一个令人难以置信的基点
every artistic depiction of four in the morning to follow it. 几乎被每一个描述过凌晨4点的艺术作品所遵循。
I call this The Giacometti Code, a TED exclusive. 我把它叫做贾科梅蒂密码,一个TED的专称。
No, feel free to follow along on your Blackberries or your iPhones if you've got them. 不,不,你们尽管用你们的黑莓手机或iPhone手机上网搜索,如果你们带着的话。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/454791.html |